CROSS + SERPENT

Started by Paul Gulliver, November 29, 2011, 10:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Gulliver

Just got home from work & have finished reading (cover to cover) lastest issue of C+S . Thanks to all concerned but a special thanks to Barry Edmunds for a monster contribution .
So thats what immediate past presidents do , write!!!   
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

colcol

Thanks Barry, i don't know where you get time to run the club shop, edit the magazine, turn up to every event with your car full of club shop merchandise and be at every wrecking yard or service place that i go to, 'Barry Everywhere', must be 2 of him!, but great job on magazine, keep up the good work Baz, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Not enough photos of my cars. :-|

but seriously, nice mag.  Thanks.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv58

Looks great  ;D

Two editions in a row with my name against a photo of hmd's car  :D :D :D damn red Alfetta's with white stripes  :P
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Barry Edmunds

On behalf of Stuart T, thanks to all for the comments re C&S. Your support makes it all worthwhile. All I/we have to do now is to get the mag out on time.

Any/all contributions for future issues most welcome.

Thanks heaps

barry

hmd

Quote from: alfagtv58 on November 30, 2011, 09:42:44 AM
Looks great  ;D

Two editions in a row with my name against a photo of hmd's car  :D :D :D damn red Alfetta's with white stripes  :P

May be I am driving a bit faster now so they think it's you  :P

John Hanslow

QuoteYep, top job on the Club Mag,  Thanks for your effort, it looks great, great effort.

Really different magazine and splendid effort Barry and Stuart.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Miss Alfa Sprint

Thanks Stuart and Barry  ;D

The front cover looks awesome, I wonder who took that photo?  :o  :P
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

John Hanslow

Good choice to go thru the canola fields .  Probably someone who has a bias for 75 ownership. ;) ::) 
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: paul edwards on November 30, 2011, 09:17:21 PM
Yeah yeah not bad, not bad ;)

Nice work Marissa, do you like the center-fold, wonder who took that one :D

Ahhh i love that photo  ;D great work!
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

ANG156

I still havn't got the latest issue of cross and serpent despite signing up for membership on the day. Anyone know why the delay?

Barry Edmunds

ANG156

My C&S only arrived today so there has been a delay in the post.

Contact me on 0405 383 431

Barry
(editor)

ANG156

Yeah i got it.

Seriously, there could have been more photos from spettacolo of other cars apart from the 75's. It felt like 1989 again seeing them taking the spotlight away from some other great cars that were there.

Barry Edmunds

ANG156
Sorry if you were disappointed by the coverage of the cars at Spettacolo and the apparent concentration on a particular model. Perhaps you'd like to volunteer next year to attend the event and select the cars that should be photographed and be worthy of inclusion in C&S.
From a personal and editor's point of view I would have liked to include many more photographs but unfortunately space limitations prevented a more extensive photographic coverage of the event.
Having attended and photographed a few car events over the past 45+ years one always aims at getting the broadest possible coverage of the cars involved and the subject matter becomes a personal and subjective choice. As Editor I have and will continue to follow this philosophy

Barry (Editor)

PS By the way, which of the cars that appeared in C&S would you consider not good enough to be included?

ANG156

Quote from: edmunds on December 03, 2011, 01:32:50 PM
PS By the way, which of the cars that appeared in C&S would you consider not good enough to be included?

Barry,

First of all i did attend the event and agree with your philosophy. However, being a big annual event there could have been more and bigger photos of the cars as there was a few years ago (full 4 page spread from memory) and not the little shots.

Every year when i attend spettacolo, i always look for something different that catches my eye. Last year it was the new Mito QV that stood out aswell as the SZ and TZ. However, i do understand that the weather was a contributing factor this time round.

IMO Claude Botti's newly acquired GTV6 24valve should have been in the mag, along with the red 75 with the GTA wheels and the other 75 with the GT wheels. Sure these are "just" 75's but they are a different sort of 75  that combine old design techniques with modern additions to spring some life back in the model. Claude's GTV6 looked awesome and was good to see a non race car 24v GTV6 in Melbourne. But for some reason every C+S after spettacolo has angelo verga's car. Not to offend anyone but i'm kind of tired of seeing that car in the mag. Claude's GTV6 offered again the mix of retro and modern mechanicals to show what can be achieved. The 8C spider should have graced the cover for its sheer rarity in Australia when compared to your run of the mill 156 wagon. I mean the car could be sold off interstate anytime soon and we didn't have a decent photo of it. The new giuletta could have got a better photo than the front quarter shot it received. We want to attract more people to the brand and improve sales of the car so some decent shots of it would have only done some benefit to the car itself and probably removed the criticism of its design that many alfisti have of the model and believing it to be too much fiat and not enough alfa. Not all the photos of the cars in the magazine were useless but when you have 2 photos of alfa spiders, 2 showing 75's and one being a rear shot you begin to question why would you put those in when Marisa took much better photos than the ones presented. There was a range of photos that could have been included and surely many would agree.

Oh well maybe next year, we can make some changes and learn from past experiences. We start by planning the event in late november to avoid the early november rains that have occured over the past 2 years. A few years ago the later events had always better weather.

Peace out everyone. Just some constructive criticism to take on board for ways to move forward.