‘The Snowy Mountains Express’ March Saturday 24th

Started by Anthony Sharp, February 05, 2012, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Sharp

'The Snowy Mountains Express'
March Saturday 24th

The Alpine Chapter Presents a day trip to the edge of the beautiful Snowy Mountains, the trip is an easy day out with a BYO, BBQ lunch at Khancoban. With some truly spectacular views and great driving roads this is a day not to be missed.

Departing Beechworth 9.30am from the old Telegraph Station in the main street we head across to the fast flowing Murray Valley Hwy with its spectacular views of the Alps, and then on to Khancoban where we are planning to meet the AROCA NSW's ACT Chapter for lunch. Then we will be returning via Walwa, Jingellic and the brilliant Granya Gap road. This gap road is only 15kms long but monumentally good, very smooth winding bitumen that is a real treat, so get ready to drop back a few gears and enjoy. A slightly more demanding trip home, defiantly not boring and one to look forward to. For more details or to confirm a place contact Paul Edwards paulgtvedwards@bigpond.com .

Paul Gulliver

A clip from the "Granya Gap road" . If its that much fun on 2 wheels it should be twice as much fun on 4 wheels in an Alfa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-A9xAzK-vE&feature=youtu.be

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Paul Gulliver

QuoteAre you able to make it up?

At this stage I'm a definte maybe. Keep you posted.

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Doug Gould

It is with deep regret that I need to bail on this weekend's run. Coming back from Corowa on Monday the pilot side window in our aeroplane split and I need to fly to Mildura this Monday. So, I need the weekend to replace it. Windows are owner permitted maintenance and yesterday we found one in stock in Melbourne, so its all go. Looking forward to bringing the Montreal up for a run in one of the Goldfields chapter events later in the year.
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

redsky

Heading up to Beechworth in the morning for a quiet day perusing the shops prior to the big drive on Saturday.
the TS is all set to go... see you all there. Darren, Melanie & Patrick.

GTVeloce

Paul and co: I'm very disappointed to not be able to join you this weekend. I have to work all weekend  :(

Would love to have had a go at chasing you through Granya Gap!

Enjoy - it is some of the best driving roads in Aus!

AlfaACT

We got home late yesterday after a fabulous weekend spent with a bunch of new friends. I'm afraid I just crashed when I got home, but better then than while negotiating the roads around Geehi or Deadhorse Gap (such poetic names we have!). And dont we love the Alpine Way!

Got to say that Charlottes Pass yesterday morning was nothing less than sensational - the girls thought it a bit chilly, but I'd say wonderfully bracing! The air was crystal clear, the sky was the most beautiful blue and Kozy was very enticing - but a six hour trek was beyond us as we had a dinner appointment with our canine house guards - but not before we had a very nice lunch in Cooma.

To Paul and the rest of the Alpine Chapter, thank you again for your hospitaility and inter-Chapter cameraderie. And - what I should have said at the Drivers' Debrief - thanks for creating the excuse for us to have a wonderful weekend away.

We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

ACE

Hey MAC,

You have definitely lived up to your reputation for great tours.
Glad I could join you and thanks for a great day out with some terrific friendly Alfisti.

Hope to join you on another of these outings.

Cheers,
Ace.

John Hanslow

Well done ladies and gentlemen.

Great photos and a great driving experience.  The Full Grid Kancoban landscape photo is a beaut and so is photo 10.

Look forward to reading the full story.

Cheers

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata