Wanted to buy

Started by Fast Eddie, November 01, 2007, 07:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

I saw Bruno last night.  Made sure not to make any quick/sharp movements and avoided eye contact.  It seemed to work OK.  I walked away.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

wish i could type more with my left hand but it is very slow...  or I would join in.  I shouldn't make him feel worse than he already does.  Clearly it was my immense strength overpowering my own bone, nothing to do with bruno.  It was a titanic struggle though... until BANG!  Should have stuck with the ping pong  :-X
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

sorry - but what happened.....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

now it's going public... this'll be fun
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

I heard Bruno stuck Evans arm under the hoist and lowered it when he said he was thinking of putting a 1.2litre into his Sud ;) :o
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

violence in the workplace...
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

vin sharp

Apparently Evan did not seem get the message with the horse's-head-in-the-bed thing, so the meeting in the Italian restuarant just went to the next level!
Seems Bruno  just does not like those Suds.
Evan, just be thankfull you don't drive an ARNA, you might have been knee-capped!
Get well mate. I cringe every time I hear the story. (About 50 times at last nights meeting)

alfagtv58

Awww come on....where are all those chinese whispers ???  I thought there would be about 20 different stories on what happened by now. ;D ;D

Although the real story is just as unbelieveable......Bruno & Evan having an arm wrestle, and snap....two days later surgery with plates and pins etc.
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Sheldon started it!!

I wasn't sure I wanted this to come out in the public forum where customers might read - please anyone reading this Bruno is a gentle and tolerant bloke who wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally.  This was a genuine accident while we were mucking about in a pub.

Bloody funny though - I was absolutely stubbornly not going to let him beat me then BANG I spiral fractured my humerus.  The blood curdling crack made everyone at the table look around to see what had happened.   :'( Then I realised my arm didn't work no more.  Sunday they bolted in a steel plate and I'm off work for at least a couple of weeks.

Neil - I won't be running at Phillip Island  ::)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

That's fantastic.....Evan, you need to get on the calcium pills, or is Bruno just too tough....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Brad M

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on November 09, 2007, 11:21:20 PM
I won't be running at Phillip Island  ::)

Did he break your leg as well?   ;)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Fast Eddie

**bump**
Okay, ive decided... i want a 105, preferably a 1968 1750 series 1 and preferably one that is already in WA so i dont have to waste precious $ trucking it over the Nullabor.

Now, to go buy that lottery ticket to fund the purchase
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

This is for racing isn't it?
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

mmmaybe, certainly an allrounder - weekender - EMR, and perhaps sprints, hillclimbs and the odd regularity, even tarmac rally event
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Simon Bidese

u narrowed it down there ED, i think u missed the run to the shops for some groceries!!!