you vid

Started by ARQ164 Shane, January 30, 2011, 11:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete barr

Takes about the same amount of skill as farting!!!

Storm_X

Nice Car
Nice Burnout  ( oh well his money he can do what he wants). I'm no one to judge Ive been there done that.

Stupidly i cant believe he (or friend) puts his number plates over the Internet.

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

B_Conolly

...spinning the rear wheels only slows you down ? :P. Just slightly missing the point of a transaxle car IMHO.

Donuts and drifting isnt cool, this is -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXCiBtFcu8&feature=related

Como park is certainly inappropriate with the exception of a quick squirt out of the main entrance so we can all enjoy.

Any track footage of this car ?

ARQ164 Shane

no . I had a hard life eg I am DYSLEXIA no joke it toke me 5mins to writing this.

but its all good
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Sheldon McIntosh

Hope you reported him to the cops nark.   ;)

Quote from: AR116 on January 31, 2011, 11:41:45 AM
[Seems like everyone has something to say

It's a forum dude, that's the general idea.

Personally, I give credit to EVO 75 for having the guts to install a 24V in his 75. I would like to see other club members with a similiar setup! Majority of the workmanship was completed by him personally which also makes a statement, instead of paying someone thousands of dollars.

No-one ever denigrated the value of his workmanship or the kickarseness of his car.  In fact, the original post was to point out that it was one of the nicest 75s the OP had seen.  There are a few 24v and GTA transaxle set-ups in the club.  They generally bring them out to track days.  I think everyone is probably quite impressed by his workmanship.  As far as I could tell, when it was parked up at Spettacolo everyone (including me) was very appreciative of the hard work that had gone into the car, even if it wasn't to their taste.  It does make a statement, I would love to know what you think that statement is though.

If anyone here feels that they have acquired all the skills to build a car such as EVO 75, then please go ahead and present the vehicle at this years spettacolo.

Im sorry, but there are plenty of cars at Spettacolo that have far more work and skill go into them than this car.

In all honesty he hasn't influenced the club in any way or form and should be treated fairly instead of suggesting that he is a "hoon"

He has influenced the club.  He came to our display day and hooned around the local streets, which reflected on the entire club.  He is being treated fairly by the court of public opinion; he put up a video on youtube, he can expect that to be judged by the people that watch it, surely?  

He is a hoon, which can sometimes be a good thing.  This is a little gratuitous though.  You probably also think it was skill rather than luck that prevented him from losing it at 0:35 in the video, nearly wiping out the cameraman.  He was very lucky there.

I just wonder how many people have had some fun in some way with there alfa. Almost all of us at some point of our driving history.

Why do you think we have an Alfa?  We all have fun in our Alfas, its just that most of us like to do it safely, be that on a racetrack or wherever, and we try not to put innocent bystanders at risk.

ARQ164 Shane

Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Storm_X

Quote from: B_Conolly on January 31, 2011, 10:48:50 PM
...spinning the rear wheels only slows you down ? :P. Just slightly missing the point of a transaxle car IMHO.

Donuts and drifting isn't cool, this is -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXCiBtFcu8&feature=related

Como park is certainly inappropriate with the exception of a quick squirt out of the main entrance so we can all enjoy.

Any track footage of this car ?

You say drifting isn't cool but doing 200-300kmph on a public road is cool ?

If i see a car spin the wheels on my street it doesn't get me upset unless I'm asleep or they do it more then once.
Then if i see a car speeding it gets me a little pissed off.

Thats my opinion, you may think different.

Storm_X

Quote from: alphie75 on February 01, 2011, 09:00:11 AM
So a what do you guys make of this;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkghz6s3dsA&NR=1
cheers

That was a week as piss attempt for a burnout. Nice car tho.

Storm_X

Quote from: Choderboy on January 31, 2011, 11:53:04 PM
I just like making Adelaide jokes. :)

I work as an audio engineer on the road with bands, once when we were there at The Governor Hindmarsh with COG on tour, we did an all ages show there, and a little kid, maybe 14 years old, asked me to get Lucius' (the drummer) autograph for him. So I did. He was a happy little dude.
About 10 mins later a rough looking guy comes up to me with the kid next to him, and goes,

"Oi, did you just get my fucken' kid the drummers autograph?", to which I said "yes".

He reached into his pocket (I thought he was going to pull out a knife), grabbed my hand and shook it, when he let go there was a little zip lock bag with a big bud of weed in it.
He goes, "cheers mate, there's some of Adelaide's finest...".

And walked off with his kid.

Adelaide.....

Just out of curiosity what did you do with this so called bud in the bag ?

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Storm_X on February 01, 2011, 06:46:54 PM

Are you going to ask "how much?"
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on February 01, 2011, 06:48:54 PM
Quote from: Storm_X on February 01, 2011, 06:46:54 PM

Are you going to ask "how much?"

LOL.

Storm_X

Not sure how much vintage weed is worth.

ARQ164 Shane

Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Evan Bottcher

This is more what I had in mind...

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV