Wanted 24/27mm Alfetta front swaybar

Started by prova, March 03, 2010, 08:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prova

Hi Guys would like to purchase a larger diameter front swaybar for my 85 2.0 GTV. Does anyone have a second hand bar for sale? I noticed Selby where advertising bars on Ebay but not at the moment so I checked their website and they reckon they have temporarily ceased trading! Does anyone know of other suppliers here in Australia?

Mile Jurcic

Hi Mate,
Give Vin at Pace Eng a call if you are looking for a new one, i know he has them. Details are on the sponsors page.
cheers
Mile

dehne

get one made at ur local metal joint take in ur old one so they can match the curves
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

hammer

Remember though 27mm is a massive increase from standard. Whiteline make a front bar for 75 twinsparks that is an adjustable 24mm unit with three settings. This at least allows some fine tuning. Not sure if they make one for the GTV but it is worth looking into.

Cheers,

Brent

Sheldon McIntosh

Really bud, call Vin at PACE.  His are no more expensive than the ones on ebay, and you're supporting a club sponsor.  Plus he'll give you the definitive advice on all your suspension needs.  Seriously prova, you're pretty much going in circles with all these questions on here, you're getting 10 different answers to each question.  Talk to the people who know.

For $900 Vin took 4.5 seconds off my time at Phillip Island.  I shudder to think how much horsepower 4.5 secs would translate to, and what that would cost.

Scott Farquharson

I gotta back Sheldon up here.  The stuff you are talking about has all been done before and guys like Vin know more about making these cars go fast than you could possibly pick up from these forums.

Unless you have an engineering bent and want to do it all from first principles (then go for it) - stuff like suspension is all available off the shelf already setup for the car - ie torsion bars, springs, sway bars, etc  Not to mention engine and gearbox stuff.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Mile Jurcic

Totally agree with Sheldon and Scott. I'm a novice trying to build a road/track car on a budget. From my experience so far, speaking to various guys on the sponsors page has helped me heaps and also saved me a lot of money.

The one things that has struck me talking to people like Vin and Bruno from Marnello is their complete knowledge and more importantly experience in dealing with Alfa's.

My only suggestion would be give the sponsor guys a call before you spend any money because a 30cent phone call could save you hundreds of dollars. It has for me.

Cheers
Mile

prova

Thanks guys for the recent posts. This forum has been excellent for me as I have mostly a FIAT background and really knew very little about the GTV particularly about modifications. This is something I have always enjoyed doing with my past cars. Through the generosity of members of this forum I have received heaps of encouragement, advice and some excellent used performance parts (extractors and rear Pace springs) plus help sourcing new parts (set of Bilstein shocks). All of these parts have been of excellent price and value and a fraction of new prices.

Now I am a family man (with four young children) as I am sure most of you are and as such have to be considered how I spend 'spare cash'. I would love to ring Vin up (and I hope to one day) and order and have him fit all the goodies but at the moment I am not in a situation to do this. But you are very right about buying a bar off him over people not linked to the club. But what would be even better for me at the moment is to find a good second hand bar. Can't I try on the forum first? Also I am not trying to build a track car just have some fun in a road car.

Paul Gulliver

If dollars are tight, just go to any wrecker or re cycler ( check our sponsors page) and get a front sway bar of an Alfa 90. It will bolt straight up and you will achieve 90% of what you are after for about $100.00
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

prova

Thanks Paul thats a really good angle do you know what diameter they are?

Paul Gulliver

I would defer to Sheldon or Dehne on that one , but i think they are 22 /23 mm, but it is a very easy fit.  ( Sheldon might even sell you his old one.)
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

dehne

that is correct on the size and ive got one sitting out side doing nothing ,
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

Good call Paul.  I will be upgrading to a Vin-spec bar within a month or so, so I could definitely give you a good price on my old one.  But dehne was in first, so his call.

Paul Gulliver

QuoteI will be upgrading to a Vin-spec bar within a month or so

Before Philip Island next weekend???
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J