Upcoming Spettacolo

Started by Ash Gordon, November 04, 2008, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Gordon

Looking forward to this years Spettacolo as it was such a great event last year. It was a perfect opportunity to see so many similar 105s and other Alfas in one spot and to get some inspiration & ideas for my car.

I am toying with the idea of bringing my car along this year, but currently the car isn't in great shape. Thought it would be a great opportunity to get some on hands on advice on the restoration / repair before I start work on her...

Do you need to notify / register cars for the event?

The car is drivable just a little rough around the edges at the moment, any issues bringing along a car in a somewhat slight state of disrepair??   

Thanks Ash
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

alfagtv58

Hi Ash,

No issues at all, the more the merrier!  It stands to reason that some 35+ year old cars may not be in great nick and if you bring it along it just may be the motivation you need to get cracking!

No pre-registration needed either, just turn up on the day.

John Hanslow has been working hard getting it all organised and is looking to be another great day.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

John Hanslow

There were a few delays but we have the Wash'n Shine Entry Forms going out to all sponsors along with posters, will be distributed at the next Club nights and will be posted on the internet. 

I really encourage all members to enter the cars in the Wash'n Shine.  The more that participate the better.   We want as many cars as possible off the road and on to the car park, and then if possible, enter in to the Wash'n Shine.

Also voting for the 'Peoples Choice' and also the 'general public' entry of an alfa romeo.  In some years we have not had any interest in the catagory - tell your friends, new owners etc.

Note that this year every car entered on the day goes into the prize draw for a $100 worth of club merchandise. 
Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Ash Gordon

Thanks for the encouragment, will make every effort to bring the car this year and onto the park.

What are the requirements of Wash'n Shine?

Washing is not a problem, getting a shine out the paint work & brightwork is another story ? ;D

Ash

pep105

Thats great info and encouragement guys - would really like to bring the GT Jnr along and park it on the grass (or some where?) but like you Ash not sure as its a work in progress.  Im eager to check out the other 105s (plus other Alfas as well) and get some inspiration and talk to blokes in the know.

Ive washed and polished mine and it didnt come out too bad, but couldn't polish out some minor areas of cracked bog, crows feet and rust. :P

Therefore might bomb out in the Wash 'n Shine  ;D but if there's a "Looks good from far but far from good" entry then Ive backed a winner.
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

branko.gt

Quote from: pep105 on November 06, 2008, 12:34:22 AM
Therefore might bomb out in the Wash 'n Shine  ;D but if there's a "Looks good from far but far from good" entry then Ive backed a winner.

half your luck, this is the most hotly contested trophy  8)

Barry Edmunds

Hey Gues

What about a trophy for 'Work In Progress' cars

Barry

Ash Gordon

I like the idea of WIP comp!

This years Spettacolo could be the starting point, all entries have 12 months to work on the car, and then at next year most improved vehicle takes the prize..

Cars could be entered in on the day and "judged" / inspected as a starting point. Then as repairs continue over the year progress can be followed via the forum.

I am sure it would give many a project car a real kick along...

Any chance of something like this happening??

John Hanslow

Here we go: ....

Alfa Romeo Owners Club (Victoria) Inc.
Spettacolo  - Entry Form

Sunday 23 November 2008 at Como Park Reserve

Wash 'n Shine                   Nominated Class    ................             
                $5.00 entry fee.

Concours                         (open class)       
                 $10.00 entry fee.

Name:
   Phone Number:
   Membership Number:
   Model:      
   Year:
   Colour:
   Mileage:
   Miles/kms:

You may enter on the day in either of the following classes:
•   Class A (pre 1940)
•   Class B (post 1940, 101 series, pre 105 series)
•   Class C (105 Series coupes  inc. Montreal)
•   Class D (105 Series Sedans, Gulia Super, Ti, Berlina)
•   Class E (900 Series, Sud 33)
•   Class F (116 Series)
•   Class G (116 Series Sedans, Alfetta, Guilietta)
•   Class H (105 series spiders)
•   Class I   (160 series sedans 75, 90, 164)
•   Class J  (Non-registered, race cars, modified cars)
•   Class K  (Visitors with any Alfa)
•   Class L  (Previous Class winner, any Alfa)
•   Class M  (932 Series, 156, spider, GTV, 166)
•   Class N  (current model cars 159, Brera, Spider, 147 and GT)
•   Annual Peoples Choice.

The Alfa Romeo Owners' Club is holding their annual Spettacolo and the theme for this year's display will be the works of Italian design house Pininfarina who have a long association with Alfa Romeo.

Trophies awarded for the Concours and Wash 'n Shine competition and a People's Choice Award.   Entries accepted on the day.  All vehicles entering in the Wash'n Shine or Concours will be entered into a draw on the day – the lucky winner receiving a $100.00 worth of club merchandise. 

Judging of cars starts at 10am. 

Public entry free and all Alfa Romeo owners and lovers of the Italian marque welcome.

If you have any queries,  please contact John on 0409-961-719 or a committee member.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Just a word of advice, for those coming and drives an Alfa, don't park your Alfa outside, bring it in, more the merrier.  As I ride in along Alexandra Ave each time, I see more Alfa's parked outside than in, go figure, there is ample and free parking available in Spettacolo!!!!!!!

Ahhh, much better now, going to take my medication and start work.

Cheers
Neil

Paul Gulliver

Quote:

I like the idea of WIP comp!

This years Spettacolo could be the starting point, all entries have 12 months to work on the car, and then at next year most improved vehicle takes the prize..

Cars could be entered in on the day and "judged" / inspected as a starting point. Then as repairs continue over the year progress can be followed via the forum.

I am sure it would give many a project car a real kick along...

Any chance of something like this happening??.

Ash,

Your right some of these 105 restorations are more like archaeological digs and proceed with that kind of speed and care.  Maybe an annual check up is better than time lapse photography.

Cheers

Paul Gulliver
105 1973 2000 GTV

Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

John Hanslow

A new trophy for WIP sounds great  !

Paul/Ash: In fact if we get a few cars turning up, this may be the basis of support for a "Restoration Workshop" evening I was thinking of putting together for the 105 register mid next year.

As Neil said, in the past there have been more cars outside the reserve than inside.  This year we would prefer that all club members bring their cars into the reserve to add extra value to the day.  Especially if a Pininfarina car - spider, brera, 164 etc..  Thta's the theme so lets support this.

Then if you want you can enter into the competition which is what we also prefer.

Cheers - except for you Neil as you should not mix medication with alcohol.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

pep105

Ash/Barry great Idea !!!

I think its great inspiration

Im excited ! and not so embaressed to bring the old bus to the spectaclo.

Cheers

Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

alfagtv58

Neil,

I hope you wont be riding this year, rumour has it you are into a new (to you) Alfa?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Ash Gordon

Hey Pep,

I am in the same mind set,  parking up an old banger beside a beautifully restored alfa isn't my idea of a picnic.

But I will be there with the car all the same ! looking forward to some handy pointers ie why has my car got a three bar grille and most others I have seen only a single bar !  ???

I had some rust coloured staining leaching through a repair from the previous owner. I removed about 4mm deep of bog to inspect the damage in a few areas around the rear window and the rear tail lights. It looks like is had a shunt in a previous life. As the car is parked in the open air I have just had to treat the area as best i could, but it now looks rough as guts!

the poor car as had a terrible respray at some stage, and now being out exposed to the weather, I think the only panel that doesn't have paint crazing is the roof !   

The good news it the old man has managed to rescue an old shed from a mates cow paddock, so with a few alterations the 105 will fit nicley out of the weather and I can get to work..   ;D

Anyhow heading off to Sandown historic racing this arvo to get some inspiration !

Ash