Filling A/C gas

Started by ARQ164 Shane, April 21, 2018, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Oh for the love of . . . . !   ::)

Do you know how many of the great unwashed are now going to read that and think you're serious.  :o

;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

ARQ164 Shane

Thank you guys
It turns out the mechanic left the gas on so it all leaked out, oops.
I have him getting hy-chill minus 30 from Bursons for 30.
Will probably need 2 cans.

Let you know how it goes.
Reg Shane.

Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Citroënbender

Not trying to be a knob or anything, but you have flushed out darn near all the old compressor oil and will be adding new oil known to be compatible with the HyChill, right?

ARQ164 Shane

Hello awesome alfa people lol
Well i have been waiting for the mechanic to let me know went to rock up but no joy so far.
so i poped by and asked he is still waiting himself so looks like next week then?

I toke the kids to Robe, I had forgotten how much power the Q has  over the hilux 4x4 i have been driving for the lest year.

i over toke a van and the speedo shot up like billyo i looked back to the car behind me to see with shock and or. I am a very carefuller  driver so i got a bit of a shock so i just did the 110 all the way home.
reg shane

PS if anyone needs some trim fix up just let me know eg; gear boot,gear knobs, steering wheels, seat etc photo available
Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

ARQ164 Shane

little up date
So I took the car to my mechanic on Thursday morning, and I did not hear anything all day. But at 430 pm he told me that the top of the gas cylinder had been broken off in delivery! So my car is still there - waiting... one day.

I think the universe is trying to tell me some thing LOL
just have to press on then

Regards Shane
Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Citroënbender

Struth. 

Would just about be time to invest in some of your own gear. Nitrogen bottle, gauge set, vacuum pump, scales.

bazzbazz

Quote from: Citroënbender on June 02, 2018, 10:01:35 PM
Struth. 

Would just about be time to invest in some of your own gear. Nitrogen bottle, gauge set, vacuum pump, scales.

Double ended sister twister . . . .
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

ARQ164 Shane

Quote from: Citroënbender on June 02, 2018, 10:01:35 PM
Struth. 

yes it's getting that way. I NOT STRESSED NO NOT AT ALL

john Lenin use to repeat number 9 number 9 number 9 etc
Hi Neighbour,
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

bazzbazz

Feel the Condenser radiator, it should be cold on one side neutral in the middle and cold on the other. If not it is blocked.

Are ANY of the pipes getting cold?
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

bazzbazz

Could be a sticky expansion valve?
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Citroënbender

Is it a one of the compressors with a mechanical or electronic variable displacement?

Citroënbender

OK, your TX valve is almost certainly accessed at the firewall where the high/low pipes attach.

Later 156s may use a dessicant cartridge inserted vertically into one end of the condensor, instead of a separate drier.

Compressors like the SD7V16 are variable displacement and their modulating valve is not a stranger to failure. All the replacement valves seem to be Chinoiserie, does the new part work, toss a coin?

bazzbazz

If it's a JTS the desiccant tube is in the end of the condenser.

Twinsparks have a cylinder type unit under the RH guard next to the power steering cooling coil.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Citroënbender

Quote from: BazzTwinsparks have a cylinder type unit under the RH guard next to the power steering cooling coil.
Which is compatible with one marketed for Camrys.  So, quite affordable.  :)

http://www.autofrost.com.au/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=149

bazzbazz

Quote from: sportiva on July 09, 2018, 04:04:39 PM
Hi Baz
I doubt my JTS has a serviceable TX valve. If the car has one it's deep inside the HVAC system
CB I found what would be a receiver drier in any other car in the condenser are they replaceable or do you just replace the condenser

In JTS cars the drier is in a tube that runs down the passenger sice of the A/C Condenser Radiator. You replace just the receiver/drier innards that's in the tube on the end.

Here is what the replacement looks like -

156 JTS - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alfa-Romeo-156-BMW-X5-E81-E90-BEHR-HELLA-Receiver-Drier-Accumulator-A-C-1997/152544995927?hash=item238463ea57:g:AYYAAOSwiCRUfGCu

147/156 Twinspark - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RECEIVER-DRIER-ALFA-ROMEO-156-99-06/292352742422?hash=item441194d416:g:JmgAAOSw0A9aILnH
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast