Extinguisher bracket

Started by alfagtv58, October 12, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Putting the call out if anyone has a spare bracket to suit an 85mm extinguisher!

I just bought a new extinguisher but with an inappropriate bracket, but I thought I could use my existing bracket, turns out they are a different diameter....bugger.

I'd appreciate a loan if you have a spare? 
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

For years I've bought the same brand (Quell) so that I didn't have to change the bracket that I have mounted in the car.  They were also easy to come by.  Recently I looked for a new one in a couple of Bunnings and it looks like they've changed to a different brand, presumably cheaper and with a different fitting.  I've seen a few of this new style in scrutiny and I don't really like the bracket it feels a bit flimsy and the extinguisher itself is a bit harder to pull out due to the design of the neck clamp.  I eventually found a Quell (with a plastic bracket) in Home Hardware, and it fit into my existing bracket.  I think they're also available in Officeworks.

Not entirely sure why I wrote that - but it was a pain in the bum!  How dare Bunnings change their supply?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Flattop

FYI: I had need to purchase an in date extinguisher last week and found that at 2 Bunnings, all their stock was over 4 years old and one of their new brands do not have a date stamp at all.
Pains taking opening all the boxes, but worth the effort.  :-\

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on October 12, 2014, 08:14:07 PM
Not entirely sure why I wrote that - but it was a pain in the bum!  How dare Bunnings change their supply?

Evan Bottcher

The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

"Then we tell them stories that don't lead anywhere".
Back in the day when the 33 used to see a bit of track work, i would always get my extinguisher recharged, because that meant it would go back in the same bracket.
Spent a whole Saturday engineering a new bracket and mount for a new fire extinguisher, and it was a pain, as it would spring out on a bump, "never again", i was heard to say, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]