Motorclassica "Club Sandwich" - update

Started by John Hanslow, August 13, 2013, 07:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

The Club will be holding a 105 series display at Motorclassica on Saturday 26 th October - we still have a some spaces available and the closing date for entries is the end of August.  The 105 Series Captain Bruno Colautti will co-ordinate the display.  Note that all cars are welcome to attend but we will have a bit of a 105 theme.  More info call me (John Hanslow) 0409-961-719 and leave a message.

General Info:
Alfa Romeo Owners Club has been again been invited to again to hold a club display and this year we will be holding a "Giulia Tribute" with a club display of 10 fine examples of the 105 series cars.   Here is some information by the event organizers:

With a new name and concept, this year Club Sandwich will be exclusive to RACV Motorclassica visitors and included in the show entry price, open from 9am – 5pm on Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th October 2013.

Grouping car clubs by origin, we will be theming the Museum Plaza with corresponding national food and beverages. Visitors will be invited to experience Australia's motoring club bests through a cultural atmosphere created from the display of classic cars and authentic food. 

Motorclassica is a widely recognized and prestigious event which offers an opportunity to showcase your best cars and personalities to Australia's premium car enthusiasts. We are calling for all Classic & Vintage car clubs to register their interest and make this event special and memorable for all. As places are limited to a maximum of 10 vehicles/participants per club.   

There are also volunteering opportunities available for Club Members.

Our Club Display will be on Saturday 26th October from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.

On Sunday 27th October,  the Club will be holding a vehicle display at the Lygon Street Festa (nearby).

Location:   Royal Exhibition Building, Nicholson Street, Carlton.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

John Hanslow

Still a few spots left and it would be great to have a few more cars on the Saturday.

Any queries, give me a call on 0409-961-719.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

John Hanslow

Some more info for participants and members from Mororclassica management.

Just a quick update on Club Sandwich at RACV Motorclassica 2013.

As some of you know, the placement of cars on the Museum Plaza is arranged by our operations team and the venue due to the fact that vehicles are located as per their weight. Therefore the actually location of your display we not be able to advise until closer to the date. We also need to ensure the location of each club is fitting with our themed catering areas.

I will be sending the details of Club Sandwich (e.g. timings) next week.

Don't forget this year we are offering all clubs a $10 discount for members when purchasing online; - the Alfa unique code.  is - MC1301X105.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Alfamania

Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

Alfamania

I think that every time the AlfaClub of Australia gets invited to big display events, should display a "Greatest Hits" of all available Alfas from every era  :)
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

Alfapride

Good suggestion Alfamania! Alfa Romeo has a really vivid history and its model line up is really diverse across the ages, a tight list of the 'best ofs' gives the public a true appreciation of how the brand has developed and evolved over time.   
Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce

John Hanslow

Valid point but usually all are welcome and ideally we do run with a good representation of cars from 1960's to now.  There are a lot of 105's around and let's face it, they are a good looking classic car.  The event organisers often request historic and popular classics.

Now we do normally try and get a display of " best of's"  but with Mortorclassica, we were severely disadvantaged with numbers as I planned a display with say 10 105's (for the Giulia theme) and 10 other "best of"  cars.  This was cut down by Motorclassica back to 10 all up so we ended up with only an historic and classic car outside the theme. 

Some facts (as I see them as an register co-ordinator):

Firstly when we organise displays, we often have a theme and it's the 50th anniversary of the Giulia Coupe and last year was for the Giulia sedan.  The organisers often suggest we run with a notable series in a display.  It is a bit hit and miss with available cars and member response  and we have to take a few liberties.

Secondly, an example was the Classic Flemington earlier this year where recently had a 900 series display with  sponsorship and awards.

Thirdly, a few weeks ago I helped Meng organise a V6 Busso tribute for modern Alfas.  The display did include all Busso V6's including alfettas etc. The problem was we got more modern cars 156/147 GTA, GT etc from Aus Alfa Guests than member cars. There were a few alfettas and that was a good balance on the night.   We had about 20 cars all up but I did expect more members cars there on the night.

Now, please refer to my link here as we are setting up a dedicated display calendar for all cars so no one misses out with info, entry forms etc.  These events are what our active members have expressing interest in attending.  My view is for a display of representing Alfa Romeo over the past say 50 years.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=11327.0

I always believe in giving everyone a go so we do cater for all - with the classic displays I come along in my modern Alfa as mostly they raise funds for charity and everyone's welcome even though it is not marketed that way.

Now the next display will be the Italian Auto Icon display in Lygon Street, just found out about it and will put up a post - all welcome to book in your car but numbers are really limited (TBA but I think 5).

The day after our Mortorclassica display, on Sunday we will be having a dedicated display with about 25 cars at the Lygon St Festa.  All most welcome and no theme, just the cars we luv - good place to park your alfa, talk with club members and go and have lunch !

Do not forget out drive to Auto Italia Adelaide - who wants to go for the weekend ?

Spettacolo is for all and in support of Racing through the years theme.  We want as many alfas on the field as we can get so the target is 300 vehicles.  This is going to be the biggest Alfa display in the southern hemisphere !

The register captains would welcome more support and ideas in running display so hope some of you may be free soon for a register breakfast to volunteer to take bookings and organise an display. 

While there may be a group of us, organising about 20 activities thru the year takes a lot of time and we need more help !

Solution - Who wants to run the Display Register ?  The problem with organising multiple events, you need more active members with "best of's" to have apply otherwise it is a bit hit and miss.

End of the day it's all good, let's hype up some more interest and I will build up a dedicated display list of available cars.

John's  Mb: 0409-961-719
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata