Winton 2nd Dec

Started by redsky, November 20, 2012, 11:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsky

Hi all,

the day after the end of year picnic is the Winton long track sprint round. I'll be over there putting the 75 through it's first timed sprints.
If anyone else is participating or thinking of wandering down for a look let me know.

Cheers

Darren Viney

alanm

Hi Darren,

I was the other guy with the red TS at the Race craft day at the beginning of the year.
I will be at the sprint on Sunday 2 so I'll see you then.

Having done 1 sprint at Sandown since I saw you, I can offer only one piece of advice – make sure you go to the track with plenty of fuel. It's amazing how much you use when you do 25 or so laps around a circuit!

Maybe it there won't be pools of water on the track this time out!

Cheers,
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

redsky

Yes a great day at the track. Paul and Charles were have a top time in the clubman, Paul was doing the best impression of a cheshire cat all day long! great to see Alan & Cooper there, our cars are basically twins, down to the colour and build month of Nov 87. Graeme called in for a look too.
The 75 TS was so much fun to drive, and in the hands of Ben Thompson, quickly overtook many more powerful machines. With a bit of practice it will be me dropping well under 2 mins next time....
We found some more go, with a simple adjustment allowing full throttle for the first time since I've had the car, sure makes a difference. But I lost my whoa, with the car booked in for some brake work in Wang next week. I don't mind putting the pedal to the floor, but not the brake pedal!
Feb 9&10 are the next circuit training & sprint days at Winton. hope to see a few there.

Cheers
Darren.

PS Keeping my Movember moustache didn't help me drive like Nigel Mansell, maybe i should shave it off!

alanm

Paul and Darren,

Great to catch up with you guys at Winton.
Paul, thanks for loaning the tent to Darren, Darren thanks for loaning the tent to me!
Just had a look at the NatSoft results Paul, I had no idea how quick you were in the Clubman.
Agree with all the comments about the 75TS, just a wonderful little package.
Cooper can't wait to have another go!

Cheers,
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

redsky

I got the Alfa back today. it looks like it was just a pure over heating issue & ultimately boiled the fluid, cooked the pads etc.
So now it has slotted & dimpled RDA front discs, high temp TRW GP 600 fluid and EBC Red Stuff front pads. Sure was extra bitey coming over the Warby ranges on the way home. Most importantly it should now handle the repeated braking i'll give it in February.
You can overlook the 1.59 time for me on the Winton results (thanks for the lesson Ben), my best was 2.09 before the brake issue, but with the throttle issue not allowing more than 80-90%.

cheers

Darren