GTA wheels

Started by alfa duk, May 22, 2023, 12:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa duk

Is the clear coat on the standard gta wheel gloss or matte or could you have either. Some other sites say gloss but mine appear matte
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

GTVeloce

Don't know the answer sorry but can you get matte clear coat? I thought the point of clear coat is to provide a glossy finish (and protect the paint).

Maybe yours were gloss when new and have faded to a matte finish with time? Have you had the car since new?

Dr Alfa

Having re-done my wheels on my old 147 GTA, the original finish was like a satin finish - little more sheene than matte but definitely not gloss. I know this because the wheels accumulated dirt and pitted very easily because of the finish if you didn't clean the brake dust regularly. After talking with my repair shop and fixing some kerb rash I decided to re-spray in the original colour and put a gloss clear coat on purely because of ease of cleaning - helps to make the wheel much easier to clean and prevent pitting provided you clean them reasonably frequently and well.

poohbah

Great suggestion Doc - I have to get the teledials on my GTA refurbished too - this is excellent advice.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)