Selespeed Actuator / Accumulator / Pump

Started by Evan Bottcher, April 06, 2009, 09:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psproule

Quote from: zippytheclown on August 14, 2015, 04:19:01 PM
so can anybody suggest where I should start looking for a set of O-Rings to reco the clutch electro-valve on a 147 GTA? I've been told to be careful as they are different from the normal 147 sele part

You will find a pile of confusing info out there on the O Ring types and sizes used in the actuator solenoids. I ended up buying a set of 1.2 and 1.5mm O rings in graduated sizes from 10mm through 13.5mm and then matched them when I pulled the solenoids out. I got them from the O Ring store in the US and used the high temp Viton types. It was cheap to buy all the sizes and they delivered promptly. I couldn't find an AU based store.

While doing the O Rings I'd suggest swapping out the Magneti Marelli PF2C position sensors too (particularly the clutch) as they are a wear item and will cause most of the shifting issues if they are getting tired.  And from experience, DO NOT put in non-genuine ones. Did that, had to swap them again soon after. I got mine from an online bike parts store in the UK as this sensor is primarily used in throttle position sensor applications.

Pat

Malcolm

What an amazing list of Selespeed challenges many among us have experienced, certainly has this new 2005 GT 2 litre Selespeed owner just a little concerned, however, the positive could be the following. Two of our club members race the 2 Litre Selespeed 156 in our new Super Sprint category, Formula 98 with a great deal of success, drive them to Mallala, sprint, then drive them home. This little black duck can only hope his GT will be the same when he competes in Formula 98 Mallala July 16. Consider this, In 2005 19155 GT were sold, 80% were Selespeed, surely not all those 15324 have been an expensive lemon. However, before our GT turns a wheel in anger at Mallala the GT is currently being given a full check and service at Eurosport Automotive. They tell me Selespeed works a lot better when the Alfa is driven hard n fast, hopefully that is correct, will keep you posted.
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
membership@alfaclubsa.org.au
04309 14 309
1st Car, Morris 8/40 Bakers Van.
2004 Alfa 147Ti 5spd manual(Sold).
1976 Alfetta 2L GT race car (Sold)
Current
2009 Alfa GT 3.2 Litre 6spd manual.
2005 Alfa GT 2 Litre Selespeed to Super Sprint

Malcolm

Selespeed update: Well after a little over two years of circuit sprinting at Mallala and the Bend it's all good news with only one wee hiccup along the way. Track performance of the Selespeed could not be faulted, after all, that's why Alfa Romeo designed it for Ferrari. The only hiccup we have experienced is that dam selespeed warning light coming on, mostly within half an hour of leaving the race circuit, halfway home. No problem changing gears.  Pullover, turn off the engine, whistle Dixy for a moment or three, fire up the engine, warning light out and we are on our way. Have just discovered our accumulator may not be holding the full 50psi of pressure but still ok to make gear changes but of course when the pressure drops it activates the selespeed warning light. Do I still love racing with selespeed, sure do, cannot change gears that quick in a manual g/box.
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
membership@alfaclubsa.org.au
04309 14 309
1st Car, Morris 8/40 Bakers Van.
2004 Alfa 147Ti 5spd manual(Sold).
1976 Alfetta 2L GT race car (Sold)
Current
2009 Alfa GT 3.2 Litre 6spd manual.
2005 Alfa GT 2 Litre Selespeed to Super Sprint