can she be saved

Started by cc, April 09, 2018, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Quote from: cc on July 08, 2018, 08:48:24 AM
prices are pretty reasonable.

Have you actually got any quotes on the prices, or are you going by whats on ePer?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

cc

reasonable on eper! which is a bit out of date and probably a trade price..
Am going to be v lucky to find a donor vehicle for the 'rails' so I will price the parts ex europe.
Then disassemble the front of  the car.
Get a quote from a panel beater on installing the new rails' only.
To ensure once its repaired all is square.
Then re assemble it at home.

Perhaps another price/quote to do all welding and the panel re assembly. Then put the engine back in myself.

bazzbazz

Here's to the generosity of strangers.  :)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

Front framing cut will interchange, eper confirms it. Rad support might need a couple of rivnuts or some brackets deleting/carrying over. Note to cc, it's quite weighty for solo handling.

Citroënbender

It's not 80kg or anything but if you cut through the strut towers there is a fair whack of sheetmetal left in each rail.

cc

Hi Sportiva
Will be done in Sydney in August is that isnt too far away. I am interested in the chassis in front of the strut towers..
I Just have to take the engine out to check the damage didnt extend to behind the strut towers before committing.
cheers

Citroënbender

Here's a determined effort for cc to study up with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2-sWoDJBPE

A panel shop will want to mock up all the outside skin and lighting in order to get the gapping right, while in theory someone could just replace the rails using data from their jig maker and checking level/diagonals it might lead to compromises in the overall fit/finish.