I just got a bargin! Alfa 147 2005 $1125...

Started by dominic, December 05, 2011, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dominic

G'Day everyone,

So I feel I have bought a bargin,

2005 147 160k on the clock FSH.

Now, needs a new bumper, bonnet. 

Needs the bumper bar pulling out? Or a new one?

(worked out it will cost $2800 with buying parts here.  Or if I Get them from the uk will price will drop)

Rest of the car is pristine! Can belt done 2000k ago. 

Pretty happy!

Dominic :)

wankski

haha, bloody good work - how'd u manage that?

yeah i'd just get a good new bumper if its impacted...

dominic

Seen it on eBay, wasn't listed that well.  Don't show up on eBay as Alfa Romeo.  Just Alfa. 

So no one has seen it. 

I am thinking of just flinging it back up one eBay...
Make some money?!?

colcol

Get a quote from England for bonnets and bumpers as they will be cheap over there, cause they scrap their cars sooner than we do, BUT the killer will be freight, clutches and water pumps are cheap, cause they are small, but body panels are bulky, but not too heavy, i would get a quote anyway, and just contact every Alfa wrecker in Australia to see if they have the right colour without any damage, you might get lucky and get the correct parts in your home state, i have seen 147's and 156's scrapped because they have done a cam belt and are not worth fixing, a shame really, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

dominic

Hi Colin,

Parts from the uk are cheap.  (I'm a Pom.  Used to
Have a 147 back in England, but had a
Company credit card to pay for the time it spent in the garage..)

It still works out cheaper to get them from the uk. 

Saying that have found a a new bumper for
$170.80.  From Carsrus, Aus company.

Had a mobile panel beater come out today.  Said the car will need to go on a JIG or have the old bar cut out and a new one welded in....

As the car needs aVIV :(

Dominic