Inter-club Soccer

Started by Pete Y, September 20, 2006, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Y

Seeing as we're all adopted Italians Im guessing we also like/play soccer, and seeing as the A-League is happening again.. I thought it might be fun to think about perhaps challenging some other clubs at one or more sporting discipline. AROCA QLD and FCCQ have an annual 'Bocce' championship and a trophy to go with it, which I seems to be well enjoyed but I'd like to think us southerners are a bit more active than that.

A good idea to meet people from other clubs and have a bit of friendly rivalry. Im sure out of AROCAs many members we could get a team of 11-15 or so together. It wouldnt even have to be FCCV, BMWCCV or similar would probably have enough members of a sporting bent, I think we can count out the Austin-Healey club and Triumph Sports Owners Association though  ::) :D

On another note, my membership is coming in this week.. I've bitten the bullet in time for Spettacolo, decided to stop putting it off.

Ciao

Pete

Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

Fast Eddie

interesting idea and one you can drive once you become a member :P ;D

we will be glad to have you and welcome your input.

Edward
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

a sharp

Peter
It is great to see you at last have jioned the club after hanging around the forum for a while. Welcome to the club, you are the clubs newest member. I have just processed your application. you should get your new members pack next week. So make the most of your membership, get out and about with us soon and make some new friends. We are all about the cars and the people how share a passion for them and life.

Regard Anthony
Members Sec

Sheldon McIntosh

Excellent idea to get a soccer team together.  There's a soccer ground next to Como park, maybe we could challenge the Fiat club to coincide with Spettacolo?

Pete Y

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on September 24, 2006, 10:42:46 AM
Excellent idea to get a soccer team together.  There's a soccer ground next to Como park, maybe we could challenge the Fiat club to coincide with Spettacolo?

Yeah, maybe not on the same day, could get a bit hectic as some people will be very busy at Spettacolo. We'll sort something out, Ill get an email off to FCCV next week maybe.

Might see you guys at Sandown next week for an hr or two.

Ciao
Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT