Club Rego ?

Started by Jack, September 26, 2008, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Dear members.
I read owners talk about "club rego" and "hostoric rego".
I wish to know more about how this works.
Could anyone enlighten me please?
Cheers
1975 Veloce

Fast Eddie

Different for each state, so which state are you in?
You will also have to be a member of the club in that state
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

I got the following from the Association of Motoring Clubs (Vic) of which AROCA Vic is a member.  There is talk of it going towards a 'log book' system which I think is a good idea (for various reasons), but lets cross that bridge if and when it happens!

It sould be noted that for new permits (as opposed to renewals) the Vic Roads website says a club scrutineer can sign off, but it is a long standing requirement of AROCA Vic that a RWC is obtained from an accredited RWC supplier.

Anyway, this is what AOMC has to say.......

Is NOT - Red Plates - (Personalised plates can also be red)

Is NOT - Club 'Rego' - (It is a Permit to use an UNREGISTERED VEHICLE)

Is NOT - Cheap 'Rego' for 'OLD' cars

The Club Permit Scheme -

is available to Victorian residents who are financial members of hobby vehicle clubs authorised by VicRoads.
is for basically unmodified vehicles. VicRoads interpretation of the term 'manufactured' means the state that the vehicle leaves the production line.
is a permit for the restricted use of an unregistered vehicle.
Is available for:
- Veteran Vehicles which are issued with 1 number plate and are manufactured before 1/1/1919.
- Vintage Vehicles which are issued with 1 number plate and are manufactured between 1/1/1919 and 31/12/1930.
- Classic & Historic Vehicles which are issued with 2 number plates and are manufactured after 31/12/1930 and include
- any RIGHT HAND DRIVE vehicle over 25 years old AND
- any LEFT HAND DRIVE vehicle over 25 years old

is also available for authorised club events held in other States & Territories. (WA is now included!)
has very limited private use available with a 'Special Use' Voucher issued by your authorised club.
The vehicle on the Club Permit Scheme :

must, when being driven, be 'safe to be driven on the roads' and the responsibility for this 'safe' condition rests wholly with the owner and/or driver.
must NOT be used on a regular non-club basis.
That means :
- do NOT drive the Club Permit vehicle to work,
- do NOT take the kids to school,
must NOT be used for profit or gain.
must not be used between sunset & sunrise unless fitted with electric lights (including dipping headlights, if fitted, suitable for right hand drive).
a trailer or caravan can be towed providing current regulations are followed.
may attend another authorised club's event providing :

- you are a financial member of that club,
- you or your club are invited to the event, or
- you have a Special Use Voucher.

may attend an event run by a non-authorised Club on the issue of a Special Use Voucher by your Club.
must carry:
- the VicRoads Club Permit, and should carry

- the Newsletter or Newspaper advertising the event, or
- the Special Use Voucher.

Special Use Vouchers can be used to allow REASONABLE travelling time to and from distant events.

The Club Permit is NOT transferable to another vehicle NOR is it transferable to another owner except where the new owner already holds a current Club Permit for another vehicle.

To be an 'authorised event' the event should be publicised by the authorising club or organisation.

To become 'authorised' to run Club Permit events a club must apply in writing to VicRoads and meet the conditions set by VicRoads.

Failure to comply with the rules of the Club Permit Scheme could result in -

1. Fine for driving an unregistered vehicle, or

2. Loss of your individual Club Permit, or

3. Loss of the Club's authority to operate the Club Permit Scheme, or

4. Cancellation of the Club Permit Scheme for all enthusiasts.

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Davidm1600

Phil it is funny how around the country such systems differ.  For instance here in Tassie, there is no such thing as a club rego scheme unlike what you have in Victoria.  The only system available to us in Tassie is SI rego (Special Interest vehicles).   This enable you to use your car 52 times per year, that is say on average once per week and you have to log the details of each usage.  The cost for this 'privilage' is 1/2 price ($230 for my 1750 GTV) of normal full registration cost. 

For a car to be eligable for SI registration, you have to have it inspected by a registered mechanic (with the State government Transport Department), pay your $45 for the inspection and then pay for the 1/2 price rego.  Cars eligable to have SI rego have to be either over 30 years old or classified as race cars etc.  Mind you I am not quite sure how some of the Nissan Skylines I have seen on SI are considered eligable.

So perhaps the club schemes you have on the mainland are a little more enlightened than what we have available to us afterall.

I pity my brother with his car collection, 70 odd cars at last count and his yearly rego bill !!!

Cheers Dave

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Jack

Well, knock me down with a feather!'
Thanks very much for the very informative reply Phil.
I guess only a public servant could have thought up all that to go with driving your old car!
Apologies to any public servants out there but boy is that convoluted!

Think I'll register in Tassie David. I can do that from a vacant block address cant I?
Ha ha.
Amazing how many different systems there are out there.
Thanks guys. Now I know.
Cheers
1975 Veloce

Davidm1600

Jack i reckon you probably would be correct re using a vacent block, since I can't imagine our Transport Dept would bother to check. The alternative could be to register at my brother's place, I can't imagine he would notice the difference !!  ha ha ha.   

Now actually there is a good idea, perhaps I can build a shed there for all my other cars, afterall he does have 5 acres of land, and I reckon what with his car collection and his house he must still have at least 3 vacent acres of land.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina