Rear driveshaft donut for early Alfetta

Started by Bob Morey, February 17, 2015, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Morey

Hi guys does anyone know a supplier who has stock of rear driveshaft donuts, part number AR 15 015 018, for an early Alfetta.
I've bought them from OKP in Germany in the past but now they tell me they are no longer made by Pirelli.
The part I need has an alloy bush for the bolt not a tube like the later models - see the photo.
Thanks

Gisdan

Hi Bob, have you tried Chris at Highwood Alfa in the UK see www.highwoodalfa.com for their range of couplings. He is always helpful & the cost is quite reasonable.
Cheers,
Dan.
Alfetta 1.8 series 1 x 2

Bob Morey

Thanks Dan, I've tried Chris & he has none.

obersturm

Hi Bob,

I have no idea what it is? Where it goes? Or if it is right for you: but this thing on Ebay looks similar?

$75 Buy It Now: Alfa Romeo Alfetta gt front flexible prop shaft joint part number 60725180

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Alfetta-gt-front-flexible-prop-shaft-joint-NOS-60725180-/181669376701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a4c56b2bd

Thanks and best regards

Obersturm

Bob Morey

Hi that is a Donut for the front of the driveshaft.  There are 3 - front, middle & rear.

Bob Morey

Hi, it is hard to tell from the diagram but I think my car has the ones that aren't available. I tried this company last year & they had none. Thanks

djm411

Bob, I believe I MAY have a NOS donut, will confirm which one it is when I get a chance (May not be until the weekend) I know they are an alloy looking type.

Dave

Bob Morey

Thanks Frank, that looks like the part I need. I'm messaging the guy now.

Bob Morey

Thanks again Frank my donuts arrived today. I'd tried everywhere to find these parts & had given up. This guy in Austria had more than ten!

tuf105

That's great to hear Bob....so I hope you bought more than one ;)

Bob Morey

Sure did, I have a new one on the car & 2 spares. This should do my time with the car  :)

rowan_bris

Bob - what year is your Alfetta?  I have a 6/76 1.8 sedan and always worry about these things disappearing. 
thanks Rowan

Bob Morey

Hi Rowan, my car is an 11/76 model.  I'd given up trying to find rear donuts for my car until Frank posted his link above. I was getting ready to convert my car to the later style rear donut. The guy selling these donuts still has more apparently & is very easy to deal with.