WANTED/DREAMING/HELP REQUIRED FOR MY 105

Started by Gerrard, September 12, 2014, 05:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerrard

Well my indicator lenses arrived from Italy and look amazing but now I want to find the following for my 67 Step nose GTV.
Grille heart and front and rear stainless bumpers in excellent order.

Any tips on improving or replacing the timber look dash and fixing a loose hinged/dropped drivers door.

If you can assist or point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

I know it's an ask but If you know where a set of MOMO Vega' are I'll pay a fair price, though new from EB Spares is increasingly more likely.

Gerrard

New and old: they would not have passed roadworthy!

Neil Choi

This will not help you. 

But I know someone has a set of Momo Vega used on a tandem trailer!!!

Gerrard

That is depressing.
I hope the trailer is a good one!

Barry Edmunds

Gerrard, there are alternatives to the timber look dash material. Plastic based but very suitable and a whole lot cheaper than the plywood veneer materials. Contact me off-line if you want more information. Barry

Gerrard

Adding to my list of requirements I need an engine sump that isn't damaged!

Davidm1600

Gerrard, a couple of quick suggestions re a sump.  Check with Steve Caplice (Fogarty's in Liverpool Street) or alternatively you could try getting in touch with Norm Henry. PM me and I can give you his contact details.  Norm probably should be able to find one for you if Steve doesn't have any spares.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Gerrard

Thanks David,
Spoke to Steve today, unfortunately he can't assist with a sump, let me know Norm's details and I will give it a go.

Cheers

LaStregaNera

Dropped door is worn hinge pins/bushes - you can get rebuild kits from Classic Alfa/Alfaholics etc.
http://www.classicalfa.com/products/ST116-GT-door-hinge-repair-set-%28does-2-hinges%7B47%7D1-door%29.html

Grille hearts that are not cracked are few and far between - the above suppliers carry a reproduction item.
http://www.classicalfa.com/products/CH008-STEP%252dFRONT-GT-CENTRE-GRILLE-HEART.html
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Gerrard

Thanks! Never been on this website, my credit card will not like it  ;D

pancho

Ask for high resolution photos of the reproduction grilles/hearts before buying.

The last one I saw had the worst chrome work I've ever seen. They fit so poorly and where of such poor overall quality wise that both classic Alfa and Alfaholics stopped selling them.

Barry Edmunds

Gerrard, do you want the shallow or deep lower section sump?

Gerrard

Hi Barry,
I require the shallow section (with fins)

Barry Edmunds

Gerrard, I have a shallow section sump in very condition. Contact me off line at 0405 383 431 and I can send photos
Barry

Barry Edmunds

Gerrard, Could you contact me off-line, 0405 383 431, as I am having a problem with your email. Barry