Turbodelta Alfetta

Started by alfa75gta, April 12, 2014, 11:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa75gta

What happened to this car...?
This is a photo of an advert in Unique Cars from 1999. Ray Gulson in Canberra was advertising this Autodelta Turbo Alfetta. Even though i didn't  even have my licence back then, i remember as a 14 year old, trying to convince my older brother to buy it!

Does anyone know of this car, where did it end up?
1990 Alfa 75 3.0
1986 Giulietta 2.0
1985 Giulietta 2.0
1982 Alfetta 3.0
1978 Alfetta GTV
1970 Giulia 1600 Super
1964 Giulia 1600 Ti

LukeC

Pretty sure it would be the same car: I did some work on a car like this in Canberra in 1995/6. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but think Peter Dowling (owner of Autotech) owned it for a while, then a guy who was an ex LAME (and had worked for Guls as a mechanic... maybe the other way around). When I worked on it, a guy out west of Canberra that lived on a property (maybe Wagga way) owned it. I rebuilt the head as it had burned an exhaust valve.

I seem to remember some discussion around the fact that it had had 86 mm Cosworth pistons at one time and kept blowing head gaskets. If you really were interested in tracking it down, Peter Dowling  would be the person to ask. Autotech has changed hands since and the service records would probably no longer exist.

I was down in Guls's infamous shipping container the other week looking for some bits, and he told me that he still has a set of the big brakes (new) that came with the turbo kit... for sale of course.
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au

Darryl

I own it.
It is currently in quite a few rebiult/repaired/repainted bits awaiting my getting around to reuiniting them...

alfa75gta

Quote from: Darryl on April 13, 2014, 11:57:10 AM
I own it.
It is currently in quite a few rebiult/repaired/repainted bits awaiting my getting around to reuiniting them...

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear it is not lost/written off and never to be heard of again...  These are such special and rare cars.  I wonder how many sedans were kitted out and sold here in period. There were at least a few, I know this because Wheels Magazine tested an earlier car in period and i've seen a few pictures of another.  Seems that most were GTV's however..

Hope to see the car out and about in the near future!
1990 Alfa 75 3.0
1986 Giulietta 2.0
1985 Giulietta 2.0
1982 Alfetta 3.0
1978 Alfetta GTV
1970 Giulia 1600 Super
1964 Giulia 1600 Ti