Dyno Day Saturday 1st June!

Started by bix, May 11, 2013, 03:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bix

Hi all. If you are like me and have been waiting 2 years for this event to come around - Here it is! The AROCA inaugural Dyno Day.
Please don't dilly-dally. Make your reservations now as there are limited spots and they are going fast.

How to book: Please PM me your name, contact no, member no and car(s). I'm also extending this invitation to the FIAT and MX5 car clubs.
Where: Beninca Motors, 581 Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills
Google reference:http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Beninca+Motors,+581+Canterbury+Road,+Surrey+Hills&fb=1&gl=au&hq=Beninca+Motors,&hnear=0x6ad640e214e03fe1:0x11a0de8cc3f0bddc,581+Canterbury+Rd,+Surrey+Hills+VIC+3127&cid=0,0,9606397613244602028&sa=X&ei=Zc2NUYeFIIrilAXllIC4AQ&ved=0CIsBEPwSMAA
When: Saturday 1st June. First car on the dyno at 10am
Why: See how much or how little your car puts out. Chat with your friendly neighbourhood AROCA members and check out some of the other terrific cars as we put them to the test. BBQ lunch is being provided.
How Much:$40 per car and $10 for a BBQ lunch

Bix

Neil Choi

Have to have a poke here.

It isn't really inaugural.  We have had them before.

You must be a Dyno virgin Bixie.

Evan Bottcher

Ah memories. I remember taking the Sud down 4 odd years ago and putting it on the dyno. One of the Beninca's looked at me and said "it's not very good". I thanked him and slinked away. It still puts out that 68hp at the wheels. I have to make sure I don't waste ANY of them...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

John Whittington

68hp at the wheels - what luxury.  My old single carb 33 was 62 if I recall correctly (I've still got the data somewhere at home) when tested in the late '80s.  I had to make very sure I didn't waste any of them - just ask Colin and Steve Thomas...
Vic member 1114, currently Alfa-less so a Suby will have to do :-)
Past Alfas:  1984 33 GCL single carb (Red), 1992 33 16V (Red)

bix

Thanks Neil for critiquing my post!
By inaugural, I meant "the beginning of an institution".

Did I mention that Neil is black listed from the day  :D

colcol

This is a must for all new members to see how many ponies your car puts out compared to other cars of the same model, or how much power it is meant to put out, and why the world has adopted front wheel drive as it a more effecient way of transmitting power through the front wheels without excessive power losses through the rear wheel drive platform, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: bix on May 12, 2013, 08:02:21 AM
Did I mention that Neil is black listed from the day  :D

It's probably for the best. Think of the noise complaints!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Paul Gulliver

I have posted this before , but the photo of the Beninca Twin Spark  GTV Targa car on the Home page made me think of it again.

Just a reminder of how clever those little Beninca vegemites are

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_0717/article.html
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Steve S

I took my 147 to the last one. I'll be looking forward to running my Fiat this time. :)

bix

Hi all,
Dyno day is so far shaping up to having a great spread of cars with a mix of GTVs, Giulias, an Aston Martin, M5, Maza and Fiats - and I mustn't forget to mention the 156!
John is talking about putting on a gourmet bbq as well, so don't miss out for a treat! Send me a PM to get on the rapidly growing list.

bix

I forgot to mention that as part of the Dyno test, you receive a print out chart of your car's power spread and total output - great to frame and proudly mount in any games room! Only 6 days to go and still accepting bookings.

Steve S

Can they plot boost on the graph too?

bix

I don't believe so Steve, but we'll ask Benincas.

Sportscar Nut

Really encourage all club members to attend as is a great club day. Good opportunity for all to actually find out what HP your car produces (rather than just talk!) and understand the quality of Beninca work.

Of course, the dyno was home made by Beninca's themselves and is one of the most accurate in Aust but a special treat will be to checkout the 'new' Sports Sedan loosely based on a 116 GTV (now with full carbon fibre body) - this car makes the old GTV look like a shopping trolley and is an engineering feat (though would love them to build another 116 Turbo GTV).

Doubt you will be provided with boost on dyno printout (only HP & RPM) but dyno can certainly measure/ plot so ask Joe B but they do have to run through many cars so obviously can't customise measurements too much.

Evan, my hard earned $'s over many years has been spent reaching Beninca perfection in terms of HP and have experienced that comment/ look many times. When any of them states 'makes proper power' - mission is accomplished. :)

Cheers
Paul