Saas seats for '92 33?

Started by Andiroid, December 16, 2012, 10:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andiroid

Howdy,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in fitting aftermarket seats like Saas to thier 33?

Looked on the website and naturally they don't list Alfas on there, only mainstream brands for the adapters.

And info would be great!

Andrew
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

Andrew Bose

Hi Andrew,

I have a set fitted to my 89 33 and to get them on rails I used side brackets (low version) and bolted them to the standard seat rails so the seat moves back and forth as normal. you have to mount them further in to the centre of the car and the brackets on the outside of the seat faces out and the inside one faces under the seat. Then you can make them fit with appropriate hight tensile bolts,nuts and washers. but it is a slow and awkward job, all this is assuming the seat rails are the same.

Good Luck it is possible but mount the seat low in the side brackets so you don't hit your head on the roof if you are tall.

Andrew

colcol

The thing to watch out for is that if you have a rake adjustor on the right side for the driver, make sure it clears the seat belt assembly and on the left hand side, it doesn't tangle with the seat belt stalks, i put short 8mm studs in the original mountings, so i could drop the frame on the floor, and do up the nuts, without having to line up bolts into the threaded captive nut on the floor, and it allowed me to get the seat a bit lower, make sure your frame is nice and straight, otherwise when you bolt it to the floor, it will distort, and it will be difficult to slide back and forth, do up the nuts to about 15lbs, so you don't strip them or distort the runners and use loctite to secure nuts, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

And back in 88, when i was only 31, 3 of us were going to do our 1st sprint at Winton, a 84 33, [mine], a 83 Sud, [brothers] and a club member with a 80 Sprint, every thing was going along good with the preparation when Sprint owner rings me up and tells me that when he puts his helmut on his head hits the roof, i didn't think of that!, so i raced out and tried my helmut, and my head hit the roof as well, so over the next few days i modified the seats and brackets, so i could get the seat as low as it would go, decided i better take in on a run to check for any teething problems, waited to midnight, went for a drive, everything good helmut not hitting roof gear lever not hitting seat, can adjust backrest, then it all went wrong, went round the corner and whammo lights, people, police everywhere, Random Breath Test, officer tells me to take helmut off so i can blow into the bag, seems i am not drunk, and then asks me why i am wearing a crash hat, i explained about some problems i was having with my car in preparation for an driving course i was going to do at Winton, sent me on my way, another valuable life lesson, change something on your car, go for a drive and see if its works,[or not], Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Andrew Bose

I got around that particular issue by being vertically challenged.