2012 AROCA 6 hour Relay Congratulations

Started by fihawker, October 19, 2012, 12:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fihawker

On behalf of the Hawker Family, we would like to congratulate the 2012 AROCA 6 hour Relay winning 'ALFA!' team, and 9th Overall. The 6 hour Relay was always one of Dad's most loved races; he would be overwhelmed if he knew that it was dedicated to him. Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you in 2013!!

Team:
Drivers -
Phil Baskett
John Floyd
Evan Bottcher
Neil Choi

Team Managers -
Gary Pearce
Kerry Reynolds

Helpers
Phil Nash
Kate Floyd
Fi Hawker

alfagtv58

Thanks so much.

It was a real honour to win this award.  And each and every one of our team felt the same.

I for one was a bit overcome with emotion after being presented with the trophy.  Tony was a big influence on me and my motorsport endeavours when I joined the club.

I will also add that Kerry Reynolds has offered the perpetual trophy to Clem (Tony's wife) for the next 12 months.

Phil Baskett.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Victor Lee

Hear Hear!   The inaugural Tony Hawker Trophy deservedly went to a team that have been consistently good performers for many years.  Well done to the Maschi Di Alfa Team!

In the Six Hour events, Tony was a foundation stone in our team for many years and his camaraderie and banter in the team garage is sorely missed.  Also the red wines we all shared at the end of the day!  Hence the red window banner that were on all of our teams' cars that says: "Tony with us in spirit"A sort of double meaning as well!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Neil Choi

It is with great pleasure, satisfaction and honour to be awarded the inaugural Tony Hawker Trophy, this achieved one of our team's aims.  Having spoken with the committee and others and dedicated the 2012 event to Tony and to have created the Trophy, I was quite emotional and joyous.  Following some disastrous performance I didn't expect a lot out of the results.  Being the first to scrutinise the results, not seeing an Alfa team on the podium was a disappointment but upon scanning and wondering dearly which Alfa team was highest placed, turned to next page, I was hugely surprised and then choked up quite silently seeing our team at 9th place and the highest place Alfa team.  I kept quiet to the team for their surprise.  All members of the team had close connections in some way with Tony.

So thank you Fiona, thank you Tony for your inspiration.  And thank you to the Hawker family.  Forever Alfa.

Evan Bottcher

I was stoked!  Tony was heavily missed and well remembered on the weekend, I like to think he'd be okay with us taking the trophy until next year.

All the best to the Hawker family.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

massiveluvbuddy67

Team photo sans Kate Floyd who took the photo and Evan who was hugging Fi!