Alfa catches fire in Burnley tunnel!

Started by GTVeloce, May 28, 2012, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

Col, you could have saved the bottle of Solo. I thought you knew that Gemini's had capabilities to self extinguish....once there was nothing left to burn!

ARQ164 Shane

Quote from: GTVeloce on May 31, 2012, 10:33:09 AM
I thought the spelling was Alpha Romeo...

OK Bub, A.L.F.A. (Anoima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili).
(SOURCE:alfaromeo.co.uk)
I hope that will helps !

I also have a powder ext in front of my seat for $30 who would'en
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

colcol

Mr McAnnik, i did think for a few seconds, what to do, whether to let the hated Gemini burn to the ground or try to save it, but if you ever make a claim for a burnt out car on insurance it stays on your record forever...., i also have an illegal yellow fire extinguisher at home in my garage, just in case the 33 or 156 decide to go up, you could always paint your yellow fire extinguisher red, as i have seen done, but has anybody heard what happened to the Alfa in the Burnley tunnel?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Duk

Quote from: colcol on June 02, 2012, 12:50:02 PM
Mr McAnnik, i did think for a few seconds, what to do, whether to let the hated Gemini burn to the ground or try to save it, but if you ever make a claim for a burnt out car on insurance it stays on your record forever...., i also have an illegal yellow fire extinguisher at home in my garage, just in case the 33 or 156 decide to go up, you could always paint your yellow fire extinguisher red, as i have seen done, but has anybody heard what happened to the Alfa in the Burnley tunnel?, Colin.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Admitting to serious illegal behavior on a public forum, is not real smart if push comes to shove!
A guy at work lost his job (For his position, an easy $85k/year income) during the 'planking' era of stupidity, when he or 1 of his mates briefly posted a picture on Facebook, of him 'planking' at some serious height (about 30 metres up. IE: you fall, you die) at work.

colcol

Both the 33 and 156 have the legal red extinguishers and the old yellow ones sits there, just in case...., we actually scrutineered a car with a repainted one yellow to red, not real clever, but when it comes to putting out fires, they can't be beaten, but back to my original question, anyone know what happened to the Alfa in the Burnley tunnel, must be round at a panel shop or soon to be Auction room, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

McAnnik

Paul, If I tally up my offences against the State (assuming I get sprung!) it totals $30.000.  The 10 Grand for having the yellow ext. in my posession, plus 20 Grand for using it (to save the Magistrates daughter from incineration!!!?)  O.K! hyperthetical incident,but would I risk that sort of "punishment" for trying to help in a time of need  (for anyone?)..No way! I'll keep my (red painted) bottle stashed somewhere out of sight.I may need it myself after all!....                         

Duk

You two, do what you feel you need to do (yes, Halon extinguishers are very effective at fighting fires), just keep it to yourselves!!!

McAnnik

Duk, your comments are well founded!!.... I say no more........The three wise monkeys live in my house with me,,,,,,,,,AND!   they drink all my beer!!!

Duk

Quote from: McAnnik on June 02, 2012, 06:33:29 PM
The three wise monkeys live in my house with me,,,,,,,,,AND!   they drink all my beer!!!

Your house too?!?!?!?
Fast little bastards aren't they? They get to my Cooper's, the little @#$%'s  >:( >:( >:(!!!

;) ;D :P

GTVeloce

QuoteOK Bub, A.L.F.A. (Anoima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili).
(SOURCE:alfaromeo.co.uk)
I hope that will helps !

The spelling was a reference to the A.C.A post...
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=8931.0;topicseen

AikenDrum105

If anyone saw my white Giulia Super stopped just off the Burnley exit ramp of the Burnley tunnel last thursday arvo, with me sitting on the crash barrier a little further up:   The reason it wasn't a conflagration of molten bodyfiller and twinspark bits is because I'd just run out of petrol. 

Oh the ignominy.   Yes the reserve light works.  Yes I'm a spanner.     The needle was still moving I tells ya !   

Very grateful we made it to the exit ramp, and didn't block a lane...

Plenty of helpful passing motorists tooted their support though, and my flagging spirits cheered immensely.

It was *support* they were tooting,  wasn't it ?     

:)

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

1750GT

I was told by an acquatance of mine from Sydney that his sons 147 had a similar fate recently, apparently fuel lines leaked and cupoof the car went up in flames. He was just fanging it and having fun but alas no longer has an Alfa.

Thankfully he got out, somewhat shaken, but all is OK with him.

1750GT

colcol

See my comments about fire extinguishers, [never without one], one of the first things i put in my 156, with old carby cars, they only have a few lbs of fuel pump pressure, EFI, lots more pressure and lots more fuel gushing out, EFI fuel lines don't last forever, check them regulary, Colin.