EMR - Run to Maldon Sunday December 4th

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 19, 2011, 02:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

All club members from Melbourne, the Goldfields Chapter and any other Alfisti welcome.

Start Time: 8.30 am for 9.00 am departure
Start Place: McDonalds Car Park 1603 Hume Highway Campbellfield (North of Somerset Rd)
Melways Ref: Map 7 F6

This will be a great drive through central Victoria with a mid morning stop for refreshments at Lancefield at 10.15 am. The drive will then continue through to Maldon where we will have lunch at the historic Kangaroo Hotel at 12.30 pm.

This will be a relaxed but enjoyable drive so look forward to as many members and friends getting together to make this a great day out. Note: Please be on time; preferably get there early if you can. If running late we will meet you at Lancefield for morning tea at 10.15 am, so give us a call if necessary.

Lunch Bookings essential.
RSVP to Evan Bottcher by Friday 2nd December
0400 013 175 or evan (at) bottch (dot) com
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

Time flies - this is now only a couple of weeks away.  Please RSVP soon for lunch so I can give numbers to the Hotel.

thanks,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

dehne

i will meet you in maldon, hopefully in an alfa, need to get clutch master done in the 90
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: dehne on November 19, 2011, 04:30:00 PM
i will meet you in maldon, hopefully in an alfa, need to get clutch master done in the 90

Nice.  Let me know if you want to have lunch at the Kangaroo Hotel.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Forgot to mention - the Kangaroo Hotel is putting on a two-course xmas special lunch for $25.  Please RSVP.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Gary Pearce

Count us in Evan. Gary  and Nerine for lunch.
And how about putting it on th front page     of the club site?
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

wankski

hi there,

a couple of alifisti are thinking of coming up - but we're looking at the route and are undecided...

what kind of roads can we expect? some fun ones? twisties? or mainly hwy up to Maldon?

cheers,

joe

dehne

if they stop at lancefield for morning tea, then go through either woodend or kyeton and head towards dalesford, when dalesford is reached head towards castlemaine then to maldon
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

colcol

Hey Mr. Wankski, bring your good 156 along, and i will bring mine along as well, we went up there a while ago, and it was good fun, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: wankski on November 23, 2011, 09:24:24 AM
what kind of roads can we expect? some fun ones? twisties? or mainly hwy up to Maldon?

Mostly B-roads and a mix of some twisties and open sweeping roads through the ranges.

Not the way that Dehne is predicting (not this time anyway).

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

kartone

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

dehne

ok but you can go back that way, there are some fun roads around there, maybe take a run up tarrengower
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Miss Alfa Sprint

Whats the RSVP date? I might join if i don't have work, also my dads friend who has recently become a member might be interested too!  :)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

dehne

whats the plans, are you just meeting in maldon for lunch and a chat, i prob wont do lunch but def up for a chat and to finally meet some of the awesome members and passionate alfa lovers
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Miss Alfa Sprint on November 25, 2011, 10:09:27 AM
Whats the RSVP date? I might join if i don't have work, also my dads friend who has recently become a member might be interested too!  :)

I'd like to give the pub an indication of numbers by Thursday.  All welcome, including your dad's friend and even non-member visitors.

Quote from: dehne on November 28, 2011, 09:00:16 AM
whats the plans, are you just meeting in maldon for lunch and a chat, i prob wont do lunch but def up for a chat

We'll be in Maldon 12.30(ish) for lunch at the Kangaroo Hotel.  I'm certain there will be chatting in addition to lunching.  After lunch folk might like to take a drive up Tarrengower to the lookout (and also I'm told the longest hillclimb track in Australia?).

Happy to report we'll have a contingent from the Goldfields chapter along - so make sure to say hello!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV