Spettacolo Thanks

Started by John Hanslow, October 31, 2011, 08:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

More to say later - but first in for a note to say thanks to all those who attended in somewhat adverse and at times challenging conditions.  I am glad that the sun did come out from time to time. Definitely 4 seasons in one day.

Of note thanks for organisers and participants who displayed cars in the Spider Walk, Wash'n Shine and Concorso.  Not forgetting our catering teams and sponsors with products, info and promotion.

The day is put on by volunteers so please note that committree memebers, key volunterrs and others who stepped fwd made it all work.

Thanks
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

shiny_car

Hear, hear. It was another enjoyable Spettacolo. Thank you to all the organisers/volunteers.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

ALFAAA

Got to handed to you John ,
Great venue ,well organized .
Thanks for giving us a great day. ;D
Current :2004 916 V6 3.2 Spider (baby)
             :Alfetta GTV6 1984 3.2 24v
             :2024 Tonale Veloce SUV

Past       :Alfetta GTV  1977
             :147 Selespeed 2002

50/50

Many thanks to all the organisers/volunteers, also loved the venue. Let's hope next year's Spettacolo is complimented by better weather ... oh and 8C, please come back  8)

bonkfrog

Thanks to John & all volunteers for a well-organised day with some wonderful cars. Foul weather, wind, rain, but excellent venue (green lawns, over the road from Belgian Beer Cafe) and my favourite car: the white Giulietta Sprint, or maybe the TZ, or the 8c, or . . .

Bonkfrog
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

colcol

And there was only one incidence of hooning as the cars left, usually there are a few that give the club a bad name, and you all know who this years hoon was......, the venue was great with no cars being covered in mud or getting bogged, the weather was lousy, but it is beond our control, so this is the time you go and buy some food from the shitbox rally team, check out the club shop, buy a excellent coffee from Tim the coffeeman, have a look at Koni shock absorbers from Toperformance, have a look at the art drawings of the cars, check out Marrisa's photo collection, get a quote on insurance from Lumleys, all while sheltering from the rain, but as every Spectacolo, the best thing is quality yakking time with all your mates while checking out everyones car, thanks to john Hanslow for the great organisation, [he had a shocking cold], not a good time to be out in the weather, and a excellent turnout from my mob in the 932 series, i counted 20 156's, good stuff!, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

wankski

Quote from: colcol on November 01, 2011, 09:47:24 AM
excellent coffee from Tim the coffeeman,
my only criticism.... i've seen napalm less burnt.

moar competition next time! (or i'll have to bring my silvia and start making coffees!

bix

A special thanks to the Alfa club for providing Childrens activities at - SHOCK HORROR - no cost!
Both my 2 and 4 year olds loved "Sparky" the balloon & face painting clown and went bananas in the jumping castle! This was enough to settle them down so that I could have a good gork at all those lovely vehicles, without having to run after them like an idiot (which is normally the case). Thanks to all those who made it a great day out.