Alfa 75 indicator stalk/switch part number

Started by alanm, October 30, 2011, 08:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanm

Hi all

Can anyone confirm that the part number of the 75 indicator stalk/switch is 607.41704
I am trying to ascertain whether the same part was used on LHD and RHD cars.

I am contemplating buying a new part from Centreline in the US, but I am worried that it wont fit ???.

http://www.centerlinealfa.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-HS526.html?L+scstore+xndg3945ffc603c6+1352941189

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

branko.gt

have you tried contacting them with your car's VIN for them for to tell you if that is the correct part?

what is wrong with yours ? some problems can be fixed.

MD

alan

Can't imagine Alfa going to the trouble of installing left and right hand versions. They are most likely all for LHD versions.

It doesn't matter in any case as they can be installed in either application irrespective. For instance, in my 75 I have rotated the assembly 180* so that the indicator stalk is operated by the right hand as in most local conventions so that the left hand doesn't have to be so busy.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

ARQ164 Shane

Hi Alan,
I think MD is right I bilieve that alfa just move the steering across too the left .
I have one in my shed number are brevettato No 67828 and (brev) No 53363 dated c02 99
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

alanm

Thanks for your replies,

Branko, I supplied Centreline with the cars chassis No. and their response was 'I don't see any reason this part would not be the same', which does not fill me with confidence ???. I do however agree with MD and alphie75 that it is unlikely to be a different part. I guess I will just need to take the chance if I want a permanent fix to this problem (indicator is sometimes unwilling to stay on).

I believe there might be an alternative, cheaper supplier of this part in Italy. I am in the process of investigating.

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

Sheldon McIntosh

Holy crap, that Centreline price seems a bit steep.  I got a new one from Milano about 5 years ago for around $150, have you tried them?

When I put in my new one I messed around with my old faulty one (again, not staying on), and was able to rig up a fix for it.  I'm sorry I don't remember the details (and I swapped the part years ago for a drive in a Group S car), but it involved a sliding pin in the mechanism, and pushing in a matchstick or similar to stop the thing moving freely.  Something like that anyway....

BTW, I'm not sure there is a 'permanent fix' for anything on these cars.....

ARQ164 Shane

HEY all,
I have had a play with an old one http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805304/1987-alfa-romeo-milano/page-19
and it seems too work quit well . BUT (i would only do it to one you don't need mate) ;D
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

branko.gt

Well, if that is all, it is an easy fix. Mine would not say on at all.
The fix does not involve taking it apart or sticking matchsticks in it :-).
It takes Dremel though.
The ridges that hold the mechanism in one position or the other wear out. Rebuilding those ridges is not easy but deepening the valleys behind achieves the same.

Tastarga

There is a guy called Robert who placed rebuild indicator/light stalks on ebay a little while back, and he is in Melbourne. His price is $150 with yours as a swap - wished I had know this earlier - I paid about 3 times this for a new one - Turkey! The link to the expired ad, which has his mobile number, is:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320763233800?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Alfa 75 Twin Spark (daily driver)
Alfa 1750 GTV Rally Car (Targa Tasmania etc)
Alfa 1750 GTV Road car
Ferrari 365GT 2+2 (Former Targa car)
MG TC supercharged X2 (All purpose fun cars)

Anthony Miller

Domenic, from this very forum, was rebuilding them for Milano. C'mon Dom  heads up mate
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Domenic

Hey

Technically it's my brother Robert who rebuilds them, and he has been doing them for Milano for a few years now.
He also rebuild selespeed pumps and actuators for the newer cars.

But yes the switches are available, either message me on the forum or just call the number on the link Tastarga posted up before and speak to Robert.

Thanks Anthony

alanm

Update on the indicator stalk.

With a little searching online I located new indicated stalks in Germany.
I ordered mine from Bertelsbeck Automotive, the price of the part and delivery was excellent and it fits perfectly (no issues with right and left and drive cars). The part is not the original, it has no brand or part number markings.

hallelujah, I can go around roundabouts with both hands on the steering wheel ;D

Only one negative, the markings on the stalk are white, not orange as on the Twin Spark (for 2.5 and 3.0?)

Next up, new alloy wheel centre/caps...

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33