Will Not select gear or having trouble

Started by Storm_X, October 02, 2011, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm_X

For the past week ive been having some trouble selecting gears in my Giulietta. Its either not going into 1st or when it does you can barely tell it is and it pops out of 1st gear, also 3rd selects but it doesnt feel like it and 5th gear will not select at all. Ive had a look under the car and everything is fine.

It only seems to be the top 3 rears on the shifter 1st 3rd and 5th but 2nd 4th and reverse are fine.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Storm_X

loosend all the bolts and tried it out and it selected 5th but still was shitty through out all gears (with bolts loosend). I slid the whole housing to the rear and tighend the bolts, 5th gear still wont go in but the rest seem fine.

Storm_X

I loosend all the bolts and it selects all the gears (with bolts loosend), but when i tighten the bolts up then try the gears again its back to how it was in the first place not selecting 5th.

I got under and moved the housing all the way back and took the car for a drive and its fine now.

SHITTY throughout the gears means- Sometimes it will go in to 1st,2nd and 5th then the next it wont at all, it took like 3-4 attempts to even get it into a gear.

dehne

storm, i recall haveing a similar prob once on my alfetta, and it was after i put a new box in but when i put the arm back on the selector it was 1 spline wrong ( i hope that make some sence) i could not select those gears or when i managed to muscle the funk out of it and get it in to move it it would pop straight out, have u put a new box in ur car lately cause it maybe thats ur prob to
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Storm_X

It was weird as I have changed over gear boxes and had broblems similar and fixed them, but this time it came out of no where just on my way to the golf course.