Wanted: New parts for my giulietta

Started by Storm_X, September 18, 2011, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm_X

Hi All
I am planing to spend a little bit of time and money on my Giulietta, as i use it as a daily and am planing to keep it for for as long as i can.

I just wanted to basicly ask you guys to point me to the right direction to buying some new parts for my giulietta. The parts consist of 4X Koni Shockers,Fuel lines,Brake/clutch Lines,clutch slave cylinder,Clutch that can handle to 200 rwhp and Bigger torshion bars/sway bars.

Also i wouldnt mind asking if anyone doesnt have a transaxel for sale pref something good for track work and has a LSD.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Duk

My advice for shocks is Bilsteins. Even though I haven't even used them yet, I found the Koni's to be a poor damper. They rely on to much bump valving to try and mask the lack of spring rate and they use the inferior twin tube, linear valve design versus the Bilstein digressive valve design (well spec'd Bilstein's can/should be able to provide the good initial support for tun in without becoming a brick when the wheels actually hit a bump. Not something that can be achieved with linear damper like the Koni Yellow's).
And 'No' the adjustable Koni's can't be adjusted for bump valving as they are a rebound adjustable only damper.

For torsion bars, GTV6 'bars, Pace Engineering, Benninca's or Performatek in the U.S. can supply.

As above for anti roll bars.

Although braided brake lines are 90-95% BS, Performatek can also supply braided brake lines for a reasonable price.

BradGTV

llyod will be able to advise you or get all the parts your looking for, except maybe a clutch, which i havnt been able to find anyone who makes them for the transaxle and to hold 200-250 hp, anyone know? what do people put in group S race cars ect.. ?
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Neil Choi

Quote from: Duk on September 18, 2011, 08:56:41 PM
Although braided brake lines are 90-95% BS.

Just out of curiosity, any elaboration or other comments on this as oppose to normal lines.   For racing or extreme purposes, that is.

Cheers
Neil

Storm_X

i wouldnt know anything about Bilsteins, but i have a set of koni's in my soon to be track car and I was pretty happy with them while i used the car as a daily.

Alot of the web sites listed on the alfabb stock alot of parts for 115s etc but not for the 116s.

Im getting Lloyd to do my gearbox and build me a LSD but im pretty sure if he sourced the parts im after they wont be cheap.

Duk

Quote from: Neil Choi on September 19, 2011, 07:53:45 AM
Quote from: Duk on September 18, 2011, 08:56:41 PM
Although braided brake lines are 90-95% BS.

Just out of curiosity, any elaboration or other comments on this as oppose to normal lines.   For racing or extreme purposes, that is.

Cheers
Neil

I was under the impression that Storm was building mainly a road car, but even still. http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_2679/article.html

Storm_X

Building a track car and fixing up my daily.

BradGTV

QuoteIm getting Lloyd to do my gearbox and build me a LSD but im pretty sure if he sourced the parts im after they wont be cheap.

he would get them the same price as if you were to go and buy them, unless you buy online from the US, but postage is a killa  :(
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Anthony Miller

Hey Chris, didn't you get some Bilstiens fronts and Koni coilover rears from Aidan when you bought his joolie?
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Storm_X

The Front were not bilstiens,they were standard but replaced them with konis witch are stuffed, and i still have the coilovers in the rear but they're not stiff enough (cant adjust them). Plus all the spare shocks that came with the car every single one was rubbish now all in the bin.

Anthony Miller

Cool, he must of kept the billies I sold him
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)

Storm_X

what colour were they ?? the ones i pulled out where stockies. wasnt to happy

Anthony Miller

They were yellow, he may not have fitted them, I sold him a heap of spares from my old joolies included were a bunch of shockies and the billies were amoungst them, hope you didn't throw them because if they were a little tired you can get them rebuilt
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)

Storm_X

Quote from: Anthony Miller on September 23, 2011, 10:09:58 AM
They were yellow, he may not have fitted them, I sold him a heap of spares from my old joolies included were a bunch of shockies and the billies were amoungst them, hope you didn't throw them because if they were a little tired you can get them rebuilt

The ones on the front were red and all the spare where rubbish