GTA seat drawings

Started by boomerang147, August 31, 2011, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boomerang147

Hi Guys,

I would like to make a set of GTA seats such as these http://www.alfaholics.com/2010/07/alfaholics-1600-gta-stradale-front-seat-124/
Are there any drawings or original seats around that i could copy? I am also interested in making a few extra sets if there is enough interest. I'm sure it can be done a lot cheaper than the Alfaholic ones.
Nick

pancho

Sounds like a great idea, though I'm not sure the seat drawings would ever have been done as such. I think you'll have a few people keen if they're good - including me.

bteoh

I would definitely like a set as well......

boomerang147

Thank's for the positive feedback. I also posted on the Alfa BB GTA forum with less than positive feedback!
I would like to slowly start making other sheetmetal components for the 105 series coupe including GTA if anyone has any ideas or needs any specific parts? I have some photos of aircraft sheetmetal structures that I have made on webshots. Not Alfa related but shows what I can do.  http://rides.webshots.com/album/240839100ofSZOc
Nick

vin sharp

Quote from: boomerang147 on August 31, 2011, 08:49:12 PM
Hi Guys,

I would like to make a set of GTA seats such as these http://www.alfaholics.com/2010/07/alfaholics-1600-gta-stradale-front-seat-124/
Are there any drawings or original seats around that i could copy? I am also interested in making a few extra sets if there is enough interest. I'm sure it can be done a lot cheaper than the Alfaholic ones.
Nick

I have taken a mould from the GTA/Am/T33 race bucket used from around '68/'69 onward by Autodelta. Also have underway (...slowly) a mould from the A/delta GTA early corsa buckets from aroung '65/'66.  Both are from genuine corsa seats of the period from original race cars. Pm or call me.

boomerang147

Thanks Vin, i will give you a call tomorrow
nick

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: boomerang147 on September 01, 2011, 07:57:20 PM
I also posted on the Alfa BB GTA forum with less than positive feedback!

I noticed that!  FWIW I re-read your original post and didn't think you deserved that serve.

Good luck!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Cool Jesus

Totally agree with Evan, Nick. Its very much a hit and miss forum over there and in cyber space annonymaty seems to give certain individuals a sense of ultimate supremacy and power??? I'm sure that everyone here will agree that the forum being spoken of is an absolute wealth of knowledge, so don't bother about the very few nuff-nuffs that can't help themselves. It says a lot about aussie culture and willingness to help out though, which is evident in your very post. Make sure you include a special surchage (like an AR Sole Tax or som'tin) for when those blokes place an order...
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

boomerang147

Thank's guys, I rarely post on forums generally because of these types of people. You have to be extremely carefull how you word things so as not to offend anyone.
Anyway I have spoken to Vin and there is a possibility that I could make some racing seats using his moulds. We will have to discuss this further as he has gone to the effort of making these moulds and should benefit from any agreement that we come to.
If I go ahead with fibreglass seats, then I might also have a go at reproducing some dashboards. Mine is the early type and is off getting repaired at the moment and this would make a good master if there is any interest in them?
Nick

Brad M

Quote from: Cool Jesus on September 03, 2011, 12:13:32 AM
Totally agree with Evan, Nick. Its very much a hit and miss forum over there and in cyber space annonymaty seems to give certain individuals a sense of ultimate supremacy and power??? ...

... here is pretty hit and miss as well. A lot of the time, I think the first response you get will dictate the tone of responses in general. There is very much a pack mentality on the forums out there, but you can't dismiss the disruption of the wolf pack of one ... Sorry just thinking of the Hangover :)

06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

aggie57

Actually if those seats from Alfaholics are as good as they say they're not bad value at around $1150 plus shipping.  Probably best to try and buy one at a time though to avoid the GST....
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

bteoh

I did enquire about a set for my Giulua Sprint GT and all up including the seat rails including shipping but without GST came to about AUD $3600.
Hopefully I can source a cheaper alternative but that might be the only solution for me. Looking at pictures of the alfaholics seats,  it does look amazing in the car though.....

pancho

Nick, are you looking to try and make exact metal framed and inner sprung replicas or vynil covered fibreglass units?

aggie57

Quote from: bteoh on September 03, 2011, 05:13:41 PM
I did enquire about a set for my Giulua Sprint GT and all up including the seat rails including shipping but without GST came to about AUD $3600.
Hopefully I can source a cheaper alternative but that might be the only solution for me. Looking at pictures of the alfaholics seats,  it does look amazing in the car though.....

So it's £750 per seat?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

pancho

Plus mounts, plus rails plus shipping - not a cheap exercise to have sent here unfortunately.