will twin idf's from early 33 1500 fit a sud 1500??

Started by ausx19V6, July 13, 2011, 09:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ausx19V6

hi, can anyone clear up this question?  will the twin IDF set up from an early 1500 alfa 33 fit onto an 82 1500 sud? One member raised the possibility that I would need another different (alaquati) manifold?? is there some difference in the 33 heads as opposed to the 1500 sud head? (which has a single dual stage weber) surely they would be the same heads?
Hopefully someone can clear this up.
Cheers,
Chris.

Sportscar Nut

Chris

Thought your question was previously answered but twin carbs from a Sud or 33 will NOT fit directly onto the engine heads of a 1.5 single carb motor. As stated, you need the alaquati manifold or alternatively (and far better), get a set of 105 hp twin carb heads from an early 33 model.

Regards
Paul

colcol

You will need the alaquati manifold, you may wish to contact The Italian Job wreckers, as i heard he had some, although 33 twin carb cylinder heads are quite cheap now, remembering there are 95 hp GCL motors and 105hp TI motors in the 33, the cylinder heads in the single carb and twin carb are DIFFERENT, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

ausx19V6

Southern75

Alquardi manifold is like finding an honest politician .. close to impossible but they do exist
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

colcol

Just go and buy some proper twin carb heads, as they won't get any cheaper, or check ebay, a few weeks ago there was a twin carb motor complete with carbs went for about $100, i would have bought it, but the freight was rather expensive, Queensland to Victoria, or go to a Alfa Wrecker and see what they want for a motor thats good / tired / blown up and see whats available, a few Alfa wreckers don't even buy Suds and 33's anymore as they are too old, I don't know what state you are from, but in Victoria there are a few do it your self wreckers and sometimes they have 33's and Sprints, in Victoria at Centre road wreckers they have a twin carb 33 and a Sprint as of 3 weeks ago, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]