Just bought a 147 GTA

Started by MJF, June 07, 2011, 08:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

Hi Michael

The original plastic undertrays get a hammering so you may be pushing it to find a second-hand one in workable condition. You would be better off replacing it with an aluminium one - brand new from Alfastumper in Denmark for just over AUD200 delivered. I've been thinking about getting one for my 156 (which I believe is the same part) and noticed that Alfastumper offer a 'value pack', which is 6x aluminium undertrays for a reduced price and all for the same freight cost as a single unit. If we can get 4 other Brisbane-ites to go in would you be interested? Hopefully it would end up being under AUD200ea.

Let me know, and if anyone else is keen feel free to sing out now. In the meantime, I will confirm which models these fit (I think that there is a different part for the V6 and 4-cylinder).

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

L4OMEO

Okay I've just had another look at the Alfastumper site (http://alfastumper.dk/oscommerce_st/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=270_1_87_167&products_id=61&osCsid=bssovfohne3ri6cnl4l6fph383 and they have just under 3 billion different models listed for this, so I'd definitely need confirmation of cross-compatability before ordering. Still, interested parties please speak up now.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

bix

Hey L4OMEO,
I recently inquired about getting an aftermarket undertray from Alfisti (DE), however they said it is over the max size that can be posted. Are you sure it can be sent via regular post (or do the couriers accept larger items)?

Anthony Miller

El Presidente has a mould and will make kevlar ones if he gets enough orders or so he said at the last club night
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

wankski

Quote from: Brad M on June 22, 2011, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: 155 lover on June 22, 2011, 10:09:19 AM
Something to consider os that it takes quite a bit of labour to swap the diff over to the Q2 (between 8-12 hours). Because the gearbox is already out, you may want to consider looking at the clutch at the same time. I know when I had my Q2 done I did the clutch as well (at 43,000kms) even though it was only about 60% worn because the mechanic was already there.

That's good advice I wish had been given, Q2 done at about 53,000kms ... then the clutch started slipping within 10 months of the Q2 at about 62,0000kms.
nope.... the q2 lives in a diff box with a removable casing so you can extract the diff. It's subframe off, undo drive shafts and remove plate - extract q2.... job is factory quoted 3-4hrs.. no where near 8-12, bu i know some places charge like it does... doing the q2 has little labour in common with the g/b, aside from dropping subframe and shafts...

450 is a decent price, but not unusual. Lance Dixon donnie did mine at a great price... ball park same-o price...

great guys, very knowledgeable, factory backed.

L4OMEO

Hi Bix, and congrats on 100 posts.

QuoteHey L4OMEO,
I recently inquired about getting an aftermarket undertray from Alfisti (DE), however they said it is over the max size that can be posted. Are you sure it can be sent via regular post (or do the couriers accept larger items)?

I guess you can get anything posted to anywhere, the only limitation is your bank balance. With regards to the undertray, the figures in my previous post were slightly out in that the person in question ordered 2x units at just under AUD190ea with freight cost being around AUD140 for both (total cost for each therefore approx AUD260). The freight cost should be the same for a box of 6x units which would bring the cost per unit down. Delivery was in under 2 weeks.

If Alfisti can't do the same then I guess you have other options!

On a slightly related topic, I found out that the front splitter from a Seat Cupra R would fit my 156 and tried to order one from the UK. Cost brand new from a Seat dealer was less than 20 quid, but because freight was well in excess of this due to the dimensions they weren't interested in even getting me a quote (in other words, instead of a quick calculation on their Fedex online calculator they would - gasp! - need to actually pick up the phone and call Fedex). I sourced the same part from an independent supplier who, while understandably confused over why I would buy a spoiler for 20 quid and spend 5 times that on postage, were happy to do so. I ordered two with the intention of selling the second to offset the shipping cost, but since the first is well-rooted I'll soon be needing it  ;D

Can I say 'rooted' on this forum?

Cheers  ;)
Rory
2002 156 GTA

bix

way-hay, 100 posts! Apologies for all those drunken late Friday night flaming posts to noone in particular  :P
If there are others in Melbourne who wanted to go in a similar syndicate for 156 TwinSpark, then send me a message. As the 6-pack is just under AUD $1000, there is a risk of the dreaded additional taxes.

Brad M

Quote from: L4OMEO on June 22, 2011, 09:04:07 PM
On a slightly related topic, I found out that the front splitter from a Seat Cupra R would fit my 156 and tried to order one from the UK. Cost brand new from a Seat dealer was less than 20 quid, but because freight was well in excess of this due to the dimensions they weren't interested in even getting me a quote (in other words, instead of a quick calculation on their Fedex online calculator they would - gasp! - need to actually pick up the phone and call Fedex). I sourced the same part from an independent supplier who, while understandably confused over why I would buy a spoiler for 20 quid and spend 5 times that on postage, were happy to do so. I ordered two with the intention of selling the second to offset the shipping cost, but since the first is well-rooted I'll soon be needing it

Interested in a photo of the shagged splitter ;)  ... to see what it looks like.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

MJF

Hi Guys!

I am definately interested in going in with a group for an aftermarket undertray if there is enough interest.  Can anyone tell me whether these items look and weigh the same as a standard piece?

Cheers
Michael
1974 Mazda RX-4 Coupe [in pieces]
2002 Peugeot 307 XSE [past]
2004 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA [daily driver]