New tyres 156 - recommendations

Started by Alfa Sam, May 17, 2011, 05:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANG156

2. Continental Sport Contact 2

I have the continentals above. Was a good buy at $165 each during last years world cup.

Alfa Sam

Thanks Ben

oo late the Michelin Pilots S3's are aon and its like driving a totally different car. Quiet, as...can actually hear he V6 now. Hold road great and car seems to glide. Only done a few hundred K's but in wet and dry and bot twon and freeway speeds...all really good.

wankski

bloody hell... $169 is a damn good price...

the PO of my car fitted a hotch-potch of very average rubber on my car to make it RWC (as you know 156s eat the inside edge of tyres - none of us saw this coming to make RWC)...

i have some firestones on the front, a goodyear and a kumho on teh rears!!  ::)

been thinking of upgrading, but $1k all told is a bit much when i have new rubber on all 4s now.... just wish the owner told me what they were doing - would have paid the extra of a matching set of,... well, anything!!  :P

ANG156

wankski, i bought mine from tyrepower reservoir since the price was too good. Continental were offering $20 cash back per tyre so it came down to $165. If your interested go and see ray or ring him and see what he can do. I am sure now with the exchange rate prices have dropped.

wankski

michaeljc

Certainly a topic that touches everyone's heart (& wallet). I am looking to replace tyres on my 156 and the upshot of all the comments leads me to either the 'Michelin Pilot Sport 3' or the 'Continental Sport Contact 2'. HOWEVER .... I want to sprint my 156, and that will be on the current 15in. rims. I just want a bit of not too serious fun but may as well set the 156 up with reasonable tyres with sprints in mind rather than just for highway etc. HENCE ..... Any other suggestions with the racetrack in mind?
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

John Hanslow

Bob Jane has a special on Michelin Pilot Sport 3.

That may be some assistance if any price comparison or bargaining is necessary.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

DDALFA

Changed from Eagle F1....to P7's ....to Conti's Contact sport 2....Eagle F1- loved the handling but very very very noisy .....P7's ....good in wet ....wears out quickly ...may be i push too hard.

The Conti's no complain so far ...handling not as good as Eagle f1...but a good allrounder. try out seconds first ....u get it for 1/10th of price (balanced and fitted)  with 90 % + thread. 

Not happy ...you dont loose much. some tyre places have 90% + threads as the company serviced cars change all tyres even if on is worn out to the tyre guys get them for nothing.

good luck

wankski

where do u get these 'seconds' contis?

v interested...

DDALFA

I pick it up from Tyrezone:  (03) 9315 1020

U 1/ 449 Somerville Rd, Brooklyn VIC 3012, Australia.

wankski

very nice, i need a matching set of decent rubber!  cheers  ;D