147 and Bluetooth

Started by Southern75, February 24, 2011, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern75

I after a number of older Alfa's, I decided to buy a sensible car and recently purchased a 2008 147 JTDm. (Yes it may sound like a truck but am impressed with its performance and the fact that i have almost forgotten what a service station looks like.)

It does not seem to have any inbuilt bluetooth system.
If i were to fit a bluetooth kit is there any wiring loom which would trigger the mute on the audio system and output to the speakers with minimal stuffing around?

Am I having myself on?
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

aggie57

No, perfectly reasonable.  Start with looking at Parrot (www.parrot.com).  Been around for years and they have kits for most cars, including one that seems to integrate with the steering wheel controls.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

shiny_car

There should be a 'mute' terminal on the factory headunit.

Remove the headunit, and you should find a schematic sticker atop it like this (photo is of my GT factory headunit):

Notice the 'TEL MUTE' terminal, which will be in the green mini-ISO plug. If there's a wire in that plug, it'll be unused, but you can tap into it with your phone kit. If there's no wire, you'll need to add one, so source a suitable metal mini-ISO plug terminal from a good electronics store.

I agree with Parrot. I have a CK3100 kit in one of my cars.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey