Club Registration

Started by JKaissar, January 24, 2011, 08:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaleuclint

Many thanks Gents for your quick turnaround with my application.

Realised the other day that my RWC was 30 days old and I needed to get to VicRoads.  This is something I dread with memories of spending hours waiting at the Carlton office in the early-'80s.

As it happened, made my way to the new office in Oakleigh South.  Could have parked opposite the front door in a spacious, well signposted car park.

Walked in, selected Club Permit from the machine at reception (and a fellow came up to help whilst I was doing this); take the ticket and am immediately called to the counter.

"Where is your letter?"  After explaining there's a new procedure, the operator goes and checks with his boss.  All good with just application form and RWC.  Can I pick the number?  No.  Operator heads off and returns with a car plate.  I remind him that despite AROCA sanction I am actually obtaining a permit for a BMW motorcycle.  Heads off and returns with bike plate and log book.  I pay and depart.  10 minutes all up.

And heading home dropped into Shannons.  Can I have a $10k agreed value policy (which in fact wouldn't cover the invoices for work on it)?  Sure! 

Love things when they are hassle free.

2011 159ti 1750TBi