75 Daily Driver

Started by alfagtv58, June 18, 2007, 07:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Who hoooo ;D Got my 75 rego'd today, now lets see what its like to live with :-\

It'll be a bit of a work in progress, its not perfect (not even close!) i need to have a look at the power steering....at speed its ok but parking it is pretty heavy, but so far its fun to drive.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Simon Bidese

alfagtv58

Quote from: Simon Bidese on June 18, 2007, 07:46:00 PM
any photo's Phil?

Not just yet, but i will take some this weekend and post 'em.
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

The 3.53 diff is a killer around town - It is hard to get out of second gear (100+kmh in 2nd).  And the a/c is diabolical in summer.  But the sound of the 3.0 litre makes it all worth while...
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

The heater is proving not to be too flash either....must look into that (and soon!).

But that noise....its infatuating, its worth buzzing around in 2nd gear just to hear that V6 work.
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

3.53!  pfft!!   That's a wuss'  ratio.  My Dad's mustang had no problem hauling round a 2.8!! 

Weird that the heater's not so good, the heater on my 90(s) just about melts your face off.  It's great for demisting, but if you put it on the cabin vents you can literally only take about 5 seconds.  Surely the 75 one is the same?

Scott Farquharson

2.8 and the 2 speed auto...magic
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

No, this one was "fully optioned". :D   Four barrel carb, C4 3-speed auto and "power" brakes.  That'd be power drums all round.......They were actually very powerful brakes, as long as you only needed them only once every five minutes.

Yep, like Marilyn Monroe, she was built for comfort, not speed.

Scott Farquharson

Yep, drums like empty nugget shoe polish tins...fantastic...what was the name of the holden 2 speed auto - "powerglide" or something like that....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

No really, these brakes were incredibly powerful.  And since the car had only lapbelts, I nearly put more than one person through the windscreen in an emergency stop.  Far more bite than any disc brake, but you wouldn't want to use them around Phillip Island.

It was funny when my dad put an aftermarket sump on the car and drilled the plug just in case he ever wanted to put it on the track.  Next time it got warrant-of-fitnessed (like a RWC here but every six months in NZ) the mechanic said "drilled plug, you're not gonna take this on the track are ya?)

She was a beauty though.  Pearlescent white, powered convertible top, everything original.   My dad sold it to pay off a tax bill, and the next owner won the Peoples Choice award at the Mustang Nationals the next year having done nothing to the car.

I always thought 3 gears were adequate in my HQ!  And that was only a 186.  I once drove from Wellington to Auckland and back (about 1300km on mostly twisty roads) and only got passed by one car.  Hq's are quite wide though.

Fast Eddie

I'm thinking of a 2.5 75 to bide my time when bac in Perth until i find, afford my mid 70's Spider 2000 road car.

Then i'll buy my Sprint back from Brad when he changes up to a 105 Group S car.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Sheldon McIntosh

Why would you want a 75 2.5 when you could get a 90 for probably 1/3 of the price?

(Don't mention the looks)  What else?

I don't think 75's have electric seats?  Or very soft (fantastic for road use) suspension. 

Huh?

Huh?

Wanna fight about it?

Fast Eddie

Cos.....
well, you said it.. dont mention looks so i wont  ;D
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

I'm with Sheldon, 75's are cramped inside, have the crappiest interiors known to mankind - get a 90, and you get a free briefcase too...
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

The first time i had to really rely on the 75, it let me down >:(

I went to Oran Park last week and took the boring but reliable 4WD to tow up the Group S car and left the 75 with my wife, she went to take it to work and it wouldnt start for her, flooded it, foulded up the plugs and drained the battery.....I'm a bad bad husband.

Probably not helped by it currently running soooo rich, getting an astounding 20L per 100km at the moment :o  Time to send it in for a tune me thinks!!
2009 159 JTS Ti