83 2lt gtv brake pads

Started by drewster71, November 01, 2010, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewster71

Hi all
  can anyone help in letting me know what the model number and where I could brake pads for my 83 2lt gtv?  and is this a pretty straight forward job ??

Cheers all in advance Drew
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

Neil Choi

Drew

Fronts are DB2, takes about 10 mins to change, removing wheels is the hard part.  Knock out pins, push piston back, take out pads, put in new pads, put pins back in, push brake pedal.

Rears are DB3, PITA job, if calipers are good and retracts correctly, then simply retract each side of caliper, inner side you need a small socket (7 mm, I think) (right side turn to left, left side turn to right), outer you need a 17 mm socket with a handle and an allen key (5 mm, I think), unlock lock nut, use allen key to turn screw to retract piston (forgotten which way in or out, in I think), remove the retaining pins and locating pins, retract piston more on each side of caliper to take out old pads then put in new pads. Put the pins back in which is by braille then adjust which is also the difficult part, adjust tight then back off quarter to half a turn.  Watch for weeping adjusters.  Exhaust pipe gets in the way of the right outer adjuster.

Pads can be obtained at any brake places but your local club sponsor workshop or the ones here in Melbourne, Monza or Maranello will have them.

Road going pads are easy, race pads are what you want them to be, just talk to the workshops, Monza or Maranello.

Neil

drewster71

Thanks Neil

thats excellent cheers :)
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta