2011 AROCA 6 Hour Relay - Winton

Started by Trevor 57, October 25, 2010, 09:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor 57

Removed.

J.Pannell

It would be the weekend before this weekend gone. About 16-17th to avoid the square dancers.

Doug Gould

I think Neil might be on his way back still. Next year the 6 hour is a week earlier. I believe the square dancers are always the 3rd week in Oct, therefore we will be the second weekend in Oct 2011 which I think is about the 7th / 8th because next year Oct 1 is a Saturday. But Neil will confirm.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Sorry for the delay in checking this, you all got the jump on me, was rather busy and distressed this morning, you will find out soon on why.

But to stop the incorrect information, I can advice the following, (sorry for not so clear on the weekend).

2011 Alfa Club 6 hr is on 15 and 16 October 2011.

Neil

dehne

neil
can i get a team in for this or is it only going to be for this years runners
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

ian bennett

i have been asked to pass on this message

We would like to congratulate neil - bruno ,and all the hard working , but cheerful officials
for this years event
as usual we had a great time
we are looking forward to next year
from all the very appreciative members of the three teams fielded by the Toyota car club vic
team celica /team rising sun and team southen cross
we have already people ringing wanting to be in it next year
thanks again to you all
ian bennett
toyota car club vic ;)

dehne

hope not i want in this year i think it needs to be on a first in best dressed deal as there are loads of new and i emphasie new teams that want in
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Neil Choi

Neil Choi

This is the invitation form attached.

Entry form and SR are located here

http://www.aroca6hour.org.au/entry/

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Entries are flying in, once all collected, considerations will be made for acceptance by the committee.  In general, all entered are accepted.

All should know in about a week or so time.

Looking like a full field as expected.

Any Alfa club members looking to join a team, get in touch with me and maybe I can assist.

Neil Choi

Looking for Alfa drivers (with an Alfa, of course) to join an Alfa team.

Contact me on neil_choi@optusnet.com.au or 0433 11 66 47

Neil

Neil Choi

Updates on the event will be done shortly, just too busy.

But all teams entered have been accepted, pretty much full field.

Neil

Neil Choi

Anyone wanting some practice prior to 6 hr event, MSCA has a sprint at Winton on 25 September.

I am planning to be there, not really driving but officiating.  Might get a drive in if allowed.

Neil

Neil Choi

Sorry, no updates due to being too busy with work and fixing car.

But all teams who have entered on entry release have been accepted, you know who you are.

Everything is moving ahead in good shape, committee has met regularly.  No real changes to previous events' organization.

The main points are:

Safety:  Flag infringements ie passing under YELLOW and RED, BLACK flag and others, crossing blend line etc, may result in one lap penalty and repeat infringements may result in exclusion.

Team Organization:  car/race number/driver/dorian combination must be exactly as entered as per entry form and entry database.  Any changes without notification or erroneous changes will receive lap penalties.

Scrutineering:  Only one car per team is allowed to be in scrutineering queue, a bright coloured scrutineering card must be attached to windscreen to signify you are eligible for scrutineering.  If caught without scrutineering card in the queue, a significant lap penalty will be imposed on the TEAM, that car will be relegated to scrutineering at a time NOT before 12 noon Saturday.

More will be mentioned in further supp regs and at drivers' briefing.

Neil