{Melb} ForSale: Rusty but complete and mechanically sound '86 GTV6

Started by deadeye263, August 29, 2010, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadeye263

Ok, so, some of you may have seen my other post here:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=5472.0

This thread is the answer to the question i posed there.

I've decided to dump the car. Preferably as a whole, saving me time. However, if no one comes close to my asking price then i'll start parting it out.

The car is rusty. (well der). The un-answered question is whether it's restorable, and as i have no metal work experience (or a mig/tig welder) i've decided i'm not game to find out.

The boot and bonnet are both rust free.

Mechanically she is fine. Started first turn last time i tried. The only mechanical problem with the car (that i know of) is a broken driveshaft donut (guibo?) that was the result of me do a burnout celebrating that the car started first turn, lol.

The interior is fairly good. With it's only problem being a cracked dashboard.

Radiator is practically brand new.

As such, i think it would be a good resto project car / track car for someone with the necessary metal skills. Or a good donor for another project.

I can't give much more detail as i've only driven it twice, but can ask its last owner (my brother in law for details if needed).

I'd want around $2500 for it at present.

deadeye263

deadeye263

As requested. Some more pics:

I'm willing to bet the odo is at 115,700. As my brother in law didn't drive it much when he had it (second car) and its been off the road for four years since.

deadeye263

ausalfista

Alfa, Porsche & Ducati's

deadeye263

sorry, i registered on the forum using my hotmail account, not my primary gmail one that i check daily. so i've only responded to PMs. Will contact those who emailed directly tommorow.

deadeye263

Quick note about those enquiring about parts/

That will only happen if the vehicle doesn't sell as a whole, therfore i haven't responded to those messages, but will if i decide to go that route.

Cheers,
-Anthony

JOHN G

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

deadeye263

See my above post.

I'm not responding to parts enquiries yet as i'd prefer to sell the car as a whole at this stage.