How to keep twin webers/dellortos stable? Ideas appreciated...

Started by 82Alfetta, July 16, 2010, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

82Alfetta

Hi there. Below is a picture of my twin Dellorto DHLA40.

As you might have seen on a video i posted earlier, the carbs vibrate and move around quite a bit. I was wondering how do you guys keep it stable? I was told to link the two carbs together with a bracket of some sort? Any of you have done it? Share some pictures with me perhaps? Or you know anyone that made the brackets that I can buy ready-made?

Cheers

Syed
"Men change gears using the Clutch, Paddles are for Women with high heels..."

stradale

As standard the cars with carbies have a brace with two bolt holes at the top these bolt to the original alloy airfilter housing , the brace goes down to a rubber mount bolted through the engine mount.
you should still be able to use an original brace if you can find one by bolting it directly to the carbies, you might need to make up a small adaptor plate for correct hole alignment or fabricate your own
if you look at the right side engine mount it has holes as standard ready for a bracket
The movement is coming from the rubber carbie mounts

Mile Jurcic

Hi Syed,

See attached photo of my set up. The face plate was home made but previous owner did a great job.

You will notice the 2 tops bolts are attached to te bracket that Sportivo is talking about.

It was very sturdy with virtually no movement.

I will be selling the whole set up once i take some pics of it in peices, that will give you a better understanding.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Mile

82Alfetta

Quote from: Mile Jurcic on July 17, 2010, 11:11:37 AM
Hi Syed,

See attached photo of my set up. The face plate was home made but previous owner did a great job.

You will notice the 2 tops bolts are attached to te bracket that Sportivo is talking about.

It was very sturdy with virtually no movement.

I will be selling the whole set up once i take some pics of it in peices, that will give you a better understanding.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Mile

Cheers for all the help guys. At least now I have some idea on how to do it.

If I can, I would like to stay away from the face plate - just dont fancy the look :) (no offence)

But I guess I can make a plate to tie the two carbs together without going all the way across the 4 intakes.

Syed

stradale

syed

If you want connect the brace from the bottom of your carbs then down to the engine mount
that will keep the top uncluttered and tidy .. thats a good photo of your engine.

82Alfetta

Quote from: Sportiva on July 17, 2010, 02:53:06 PM
syed

If you want connect the brace from the bottom of your carbs then down to the engine mount
that will keep the top uncluttered and tidy .. thats a good photo of your engine.

Cheers Sportivo

I think I will try and make a bracket out of an aluminium plate and connects the 2nd and 3rd intake together, then screw the original strut support from the RH engine mounting to that plate, if you get what i mean.

Syed