electric windows

Started by grpa9x, June 14, 2010, 07:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grpa9x

hi all,
whilst out driving today my passenger side electric window decided it no longer wanted to work, it will go up, but like my wife , it won't go down.(NO OFFENCE I HOPE) Any hints. thanks in advance
cheers michael ;D ;D

STRADALE

Hi michael

Check the switch first, also check the fuse posts then check the connectors behind the door cover
had issues with both windows on my car, switch on passenger side, connectors the other with a bit of a clean up of the contacts all is good, also lube the window channels with a silicon spray this helps the windows slide easier and takes a little strain of the electrics they dont have to work so hard.

Glen

Storm_X

ha ha that is a very funny quote
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

grpa9x

Quote from: Sportiva#22 on June 14, 2010, 07:51:46 PM
Hi michael

Check the switch first, also check the fuse posts then check the connectors behind the door cover
had issues with both windows on my car, switch on passenger side, connectors the other with a bit of a clean up of the contacts all is good, also lube the window channels with a silicon spray this helps the windows slide easier and takes a little strain of the electrics they dont have to work so hard.

thanks glen, i changed the switch a few times , so i assume that isn't it, i will check the connectors in the morning.
cheers michael