Starting the project...

Started by DarwinGtv, May 09, 2010, 11:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarwinGtv

Hey all,
The project has just begun and I decided to post it  :)

Basically so far I have,replaced the points, repaired the distributor, cleaned and rebuilt the carbies, rebuilt all four breaks (mission), rebuilt master cylinder, installed fuel electric pump, 1/2 of the rust has been repaired and basically given it a general tidy up..

Before I begin the paint, body and interior, I was wondering what other work should be done before I put it on the road (common issues with the GTV's)

Any help will be great and I'll be sure to keep everybody up to date ;D

I've got some pics from the day I picked the car up I'll put some more up in about a week..

Mat Francis

Quote from: DarwinGtv on May 09, 2010, 11:11:20 PM

Before I begin the paint, body and interior, I was wondering what other work should be done before I put it on the road (common issues with the GTV's)

Put some air in that back tyre  ;)
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Craig C

Before paint thoroughly clean out all of the road dirt that has build up in the guards behind the front wheels.  If it has a sunroof check all four drain tubes and any rust they may be responsible for along their route to the ground.
2003 Spider
1984 GTV 2.0

DarwinGtv

Thanks for all the tips guy's..

Are there any other mechanical faults that should be checked on the car?

Mat Francis

Have a good look underneath at the condition of the doughnuts, donuts, guibos, whatever people want to call them, in the driveshaft. They are rubber and sooner or later will crack, split or give way. Not hugely hard to fix, but will take quite a while for the first few goes.

Oh and keep us updated  :)
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie