Nord engine - fair price?

Started by OzMidnight, May 06, 2010, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzMidnight

Hey everyone - what's a fair price to pay for a running Nord engine, used but useable?

And to solve another dilemma for me - how about one that needs a rebuild?

Finally got the banana car on track, only for it to prove it is old and drop a cylinder or three.  Ah well, at least I know the rest of it works......which was really the point of the day.

Cheers,
Lee.

Davidm1600

I am not sure and can bet others may have some advice here.  All I can say is that I managed to obtain about a year or two ago a supposedly rebuilt 1750 for my 1750 GTV from a reputable outlet in Melbourne.  It cost $1100 plus $200 shipping to get it to Tassie.  Good luck.   Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

hammer

Lee,

Talk to Pete Lawrence. He has the nord engine from his green race car sitting in his shed doing nothing. It was running around the QR clubman in the 67s last year. Pete has replaced it with a twinnie donk and is looking to unload the old nord - which is only one race season old. PM me if you need his mobile #.

Cheers,

Brent

OzMidnight

Thanks everyone for your advice - I appreciate it.  Seems I'll have to go digging in the corners of the lounge a little longer for that loose change.

Regards to you all,
Lee.