Help GTV2.0 Prop Shaft Length

Started by MD, May 06, 2010, 12:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

I need the total (combined)length of the GTV2.0 prop shafts.
Either as:-

1 Length of front shaft flange to flage face
2 Length of rear shaft flange to flange face or

if you have one out of the car but not in pieces, the total legth of the prop shaft including all couplings in place and measuring to the outer facings of the couplings

I know the length of the sedan and expect the coupe to be around 100 mm shorter.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate the assistance.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Thank you Paul.
It seems that the coupe shaft length varies between 1355-1365mm and the sedans are 1465-147o.

(Had a few phone calls whislt this post was up with the info)

Just as well there are small amounts of adjustments possible.

...er the Twin Spark. Well, its fully stripped down, parts sorted and the shell is in the crusher. Rescued a bunch of components that are in good condition. When I get a chance, I might compile a list of parts for sale but this will not include the engine and box.

Incidentally, the Sprint is stripped as well and all the parts sold off except the shell (naturally) It now sits drowned in wax preservative and under a dust cover until that project commences. Fortunately, the rust in the shell is minimal.

Thanks for your input once again. I am getting a one piece shaft made with a slip joint so that should take care of any minor differences in the shaft fit in my car.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0