Alfa Island disappointment :-(

Started by Evan Bottcher, April 04, 2010, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

In the excitement of the last couple of weeks I totally forgot my disappointment at the presentations at Alfa Island.  I cannot believe that Marco received a trophy and had the opportunity of making a speech and failed to fulfill his promise of 'can you dig it'??

Quote from: alfagtv100 (Biggus) on October 24, 2009, 09:05:39 AM
Considering the non-professional nature of the event, I think the club, backed by a great team of volunteers did an incredibly fine job.
Highlights were many and there were very few negatives considering the scale of the event and the hordes of people involved.
I only have one gripe to flag for serious debate.  Despite my subtle suggestions (on numerous occasions to many members), Neil did not end each driver briefing with 3 impassioned rounds of 'Can you dig it?'

(Thanks for the link Sheldon.)
Cheers,
Marco.

This is going to have to be rectified at the AROCA 6 hour in October.  I'm going to miss the 6 hour this year being out of town - any volunteers to help ensure this is carried out?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Truth be told I did lay a 'can you dig it' but being my first time, I did not do so with the required level of gusto.  Given a second chance, I believe I can muster the required enthusiasm.

Call it a 'Can you dig it fail'
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).