Price for Koni Yellows

Started by prova, February 02, 2010, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prova

I am aiming at a nice warmed over road car - not a track car. Wanting to make it a really great driving car as I use it nearly everyday. Trying to do it on a tight budget so that I can set aside money towards building a more extreme FIAT 850 Coupe/Sports Coupe. Still on the hunt for one of these - anyone know of one that needs a resto? I have got a 1438cc twin cam (AC Coupe) engine sitting in the shed. My plan is to overbore this motor to about 1650cc and slot this in to the rear replacing the 843/903cc engine. Sidedraft webers, nice exhaust, front radiator, etc. If you like these small FIATs then you should check out scuderia topolino, it is amazing what these guys produce for these cars!

bonkfrog

Hi Prova

I don't know where an 850 coupe can be found, but I know of a reasonable XI9 if you're interested.

Bonkfrog
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

prova

He thanks mate but I just cannot fit in one of those I am 186 cm and my head bends under the roof and my left leg wedges between the wheel and the transmission tunnel. If I could maybe modify a few things then maybe I could fit but it would feel like a coffin on four wheels. Also the 850 is a sentimental thing - memories and all that - I just love em! It is amazing but apart from the footwell on an 850 being tight it is really roomy.

drewster71

Ok i just replaced my front shockers on 83 gtv 2lt, found some brand new ones on Ebay , ACDelta brand delivered to Adelaide in 5 days $78 for both, and they are gas, fitted and drives nice, ok they arent Koni Yellows or similar but being a family man and just trying to have a nice safe ride I am dam happy,
company i bought from always have availabilty and always on ebay, but can send you a link if interested..

Cheers Drew
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

BradGTV

hi drew,
could you post a link for me?
thanks brad
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Storm_X

I have a pair of adjustable koni reds for the front if anyone is interested?
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

prova

Someone else on this forum has also used these shockers off Ebay and he said they were good considering the price. I think he paid a bit more around $120 for a pair but they were adjustable - same company though. I am still waiting for mine to arrive from Germany - the big pain about buying from overseas - I can't wait to get them on the car.

Any of you guys with 116's going to be at Autobella on Sunday i'm going and it would be good to meet some of you.

Davidm1600

Hey Storm what model Alfa are the Konis you have for sale and $$$ how much ?? ;D  Do they need re-building or are they in good condition.  I have previously had Koni reds upgraded to yellows in the past.  I think it cost approx $100-150 for a pair to upgrade??

I have yellows in my 1750 GTV and Fiat 124 sport and they are brilliant.  I would like to install similar in my Super and also am interested in obtaining konis for the 156 wagon.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

kartone

Prova, I have planned to attend Autobella if I don't get media-access tickets to the SuperBike at Phillip Island (courtesy of Ducati).
If I attend with my 116 is there a designated parking area for us visitors?
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Storm_X

Quote from: Davidm1750 on February 17, 2010, 12:55:26 PM
Hey Storm what model Alfa are the Konis you have for sale and $$$ how much ?? ;D  Do they need re-building or are they in good condition.  I have previously had Koni reds upgraded to yellows in the past.  I think it cost approx $100-150 for a pair to upgrade??

I have yellows in my 1750 GTV and Fiat 124 sport and they are brilliant.  I would like to install similar in my Super and also am interested in obtaining konis for the 156 wagon.  Dave

they came off a 116 alfett so they will fit 116`s.

not sure on price. how much do they sell for ?
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

prova

Hey Kartone you can usually park where you want to within Como Park - well around the judging area - this is set aside for visitors and their Italian cars. It is very relaxed and casual - maybe if we look out for other 116's we can park together. I am aiming to get there around 10am. I will try to get an area for us. Its a great day out with your car with heaps of friendly Italian car enthusiasts. You will usually find me ogling the FIAT 850's and 124 Coupes particularly the AC's. A few years ago a guy turned up in a De Tomaso Mangusta - wow what a car drew a very appreciative and large crowd. Amazing really he was surrounded by other more modern Italian exotica costing in the hundreds of thousands each and his Mangusta made them virtually invisible. What a car - a piece of art really. I heard the owner mention that it took him two years to find this particular car but that he 'only' paid $70,000 for it - smart 'bargain' buying. People observing this guy driving this car would think awesome car - passionate enthusiast driver but on the other hand you only need a fat wallet and a passing interest in cars to buy a new Ferrari off the showroom floor and most people would think wanker, rich stuck up git, etc, etc. Maybe I'm wrong what do you guys think? If i had serious cash I would be buying all of my cars from the sixties and seventies - beautiful beautiful machines!

Mat Francis

Quote from: Storm_X on February 17, 2010, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: Davidm1750 on February 17, 2010, 12:55:26 PM

they came off a 116 alfett so they will fit 116`s.

not sure on price. how much do they sell for ?

I paid $180 for a set of 4 yellows about a month ago. So something south of that for reds i would assume.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Fast Eddie

Quote from: drewster71 on February 16, 2010, 07:56:20 PM
Ok i just replaced my front shockers on 83 gtv 2lt, found some brand new ones on Ebay , ACDelta brand delivered to Adelaide in 5 days $78 for both, and they are gas, fitted and drives nice, ok they arent Koni Yellows or similar but being a family man and just trying to have a nice safe ride I am dam happy,
company i bought from always have availabilty and always on ebay, but can send you a link if interested..

Cheers Drew
I have a full front and rear set of these AC Delta (Gabriel) shocks to fit an 77-80 Alfetta GTV 2 litre (steel bumper) available.  Cost $118 for full set plus postage. Will sell for $100 (can negotiate postage).  Brand new, boxes not even opened.  Bought them cos they were supposedly the last full set but have bought some more aggressive units so these are now surplus to my needs.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

meizhak

Quote from: prova on February 11, 2010, 09:08:48 AM
extreme FIAT 850 Coupe/Sports Coupe. Still on the hunt for one of these - anyone know of one that needs a resto? I have got a 1438cc twin cam (AC Coupe) engine sitting in the shed. My plan is to overbore this motor to about 1650cc and slot this in to the rear replacing the 843/903cc engine. Sidedraft webers, nice exhaust, front radiator, etc. If you like these small FIATs then you should check out scuderia topolino, it is amazing what these guys produce for these cars!

Prova,

sorry to get off the actual topic but what type of gearbox arrangement are you thinking about using in the 850. Correct me if Im wrong but doesnt the 903 spin counter clockwise and 124 motor spin clockwise.Have seen one with this arangement using a VW gearbox. Very fast indeed if you could keep the front wheels on the ground.I know where there one for sale in country WA if your interested. Requires full rebuild, been in a shed for many years.

cheers

kack

1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v