front brakes scraping

Started by drewster71, January 31, 2010, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Storm_X

In the tradition of taking the piss out of apprentices, the guys have given you a pasting but believe it or not, they are actually teaching you something the hard way and looking after you interest. That should be self evident.

I am 100% certain that by now you have got the message from head to toe. If you take the advices on the chin and apply them in the future, you would have learned a valueable lesson and be greatful to the guys in hindsight instead of feeling some resentment which is entirely understandable.

Dust yourself off and continue to enjoy your Alfa but with a fresh approach eh?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Storm_X

Quote from: alfagtv152 on February 03, 2010, 11:10:52 PM
Hi Chris,
What you missed is that if you had found out how to do the job properly there would be no "bang-crash".
If it goes bang when you undo it how are you going to put it back together?,dissasembly is the reverse of assembly and vice versa.Done properly you can release the Bar in a controlled and safe manner and do the reverse to put it back together carefully and safely,no sledge hammer required.
Cheers
Andrew

The car is a bare shell I only needed to take a few parts off it then off to the wreckers it went. So there was no need to put it back together. I just wanted to get it out the fastest and easiest way as possible.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Storm_X

Quote from: Choderboy on February 04, 2010, 01:24:26 AM
Quote from: Storm_X on February 03, 2010, 07:38:14 PM
Like I said I was aware what was going to happen.

well i got a friend to do it while i was doing something else. there was a petrol can under the brake and when the ball joints came off the crushed the hell out of it. and with the other side we where smashing the shit out of it and he walked off saying nup its not coming off then it shot off. yes lucky no hands, fingers or any other body parts where under there.

who cares i was in a rush to get the car to you-pull-it.

professional is allways best when it comes to brakes.

What?, but not torsion bars which can kill you???

i know it might be stupid but i am aware of the danger that is involved. we used a ball joint remover (wedge) and a sledge hammer to keep as far as possible away from it as we could. we where not laying under the car or anything like that.

Get the story straight!

all i needed to do was take off the whole front brakes/rottor as fast as i could.i knew it was going to come off with a bang and i took the risk.

Mat Francis

'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

dehne

i think the constant negativity at storm is uncalled for as he has explained why he did this at least 1000 times he knew the risk and was prepared to fail but he was lucky and all worked out for him i think we get back on topic
maybe we open a new topic called let bag each other. ill go and open it up now
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Storm_X

in my case properly took time.

didnt matter to me anyway as the car is a cube now half way to china.