1969 1750 Spider

Started by rowie, December 19, 2009, 01:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowie

Hey guys n gals.

As always for a newbie I'm a bit stuck.

After prepping and taking all the time in the world to pain the old girl it has finally come time to put her back together.

I am stuck on the boot hinge spring setup, I just can't work it out! That'll teach me for not taking enough pictures and for letting my son take this part of the car apart!

Does anyone have some pictures or schematic of how this jigsaw goes back together, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Shaun Rowe.

GTV-074

Shaun,

I just checked the 2 manuals I have for 105's and neither show the setup other than an 'S' shaped elonagted piece of metal and its holding bracket for a coupe.

I also have a large format brochure for the 1750 round tail spider and not one pic of inside the boot!

I'm thinking the only chance might be if someone has a 'parts manual' with perhaps an exploded view.

Good Luck.

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Evan Bottcher

Hi Shaun,

I have a full parts manual for the '68 GTV and roundtail Spider.  I scoured it and unfortunately it shows no real close-up detail of the springs (or torsion bars as they are referred to in the manual).

I've attached what it does show - dodgy iPhone snap but it shows the detail.

I can scan the whole page and parts list if you like, but I don't think it'll help.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal