Mystery Buttons

Started by bobalfa, September 24, 2009, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobalfa

Hi all you experts, one for you. ???

Next to the selespeed gear lever surround there are a number of buttons of various types.  On my JTS at the top right hand corner there are three buttons in a line.  Leftest one has a marking on it, the middle has a + and the right hand one a -.  The marking is complex so you will have to put up with my description. (Pencil and paper will help)  Draw two inverted Vs alongside each other with the inner legs touching at their base.  The two outer legs are half the  length of the inner ones. Draw a horizontal line which joins the ends of the outer legs. Should sort of look like a Fox peering over a wall!

I have consulted the Pilots Notes and the workshop CD without success.   I do hope that these buttons do something exciting like lighting the afterburner but suspect that it something boring like a controller for the daft rain sensor.

Hope someone can help, that is if there is anyone reading this instead of being in outer space waiting for the footy finals to start. Go the Eels.

Cheers  :)
Bobalfa

dehne

it would be easier if you could put a pic up
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

bobalfa

Dehne

Will try but, whilst I am happy with mechanical matters, photos are some thing else
Regards

Bobalfa

John Hanslow

My Twin Spark is a manual and the buttons in the gearstick area relate to left/right electric mirror adjustment.  Not sure about JTS with seleseed or Q System.

Here is the link to Alfa Romeo 156 Owners manual previously mentioned in the forum.

http://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/main.aspx?nodeID=99993923&languageID=2&markID=2&modelID=2000000&valID=2000000&prodID=2000000&isExaminer=

Good luck.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

bobalfa

John

Thanks for your suggestions and thanks for the link which only confirmed what my own manual said ie the electric control for the door mirrors is located bottom left of the gear lever surround, which it is inmy car.

Anyway I have a picture ,problem is getting it into this post.  Have not done this before.  Sorry I do not seem to be able to do this,

Bob McCulloch

Sheldon McIntosh

Ha ha, finally worked it out!  Turn it sideways and all will be revealed.  Bluetooth volume.

ProvaRacing

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on September 25, 2009, 04:00:35 PM
Ha ha, finally worked it out!  Turn it sideways and all will be revealed.  Bluetooth volume.

Well done that man! Bravo

I had already worked out that it was sideways given that the "I" had to be negative but I was scratching my head what that "B" symbol was...now you said that, I grabed my Blueant box and yep Bluetooth it is.

John Hanslow

Well Bob, Sheldon is in the know - and has posting skills too !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

dehne

well done if only i saw the pic first
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Victor Lee

Hi Bob,

Did u buy your JTS new?  The reason I ask is that this does not look like a standard Alfa fitting. 

If you are not the original owner, then you might have got yourself a bonus bit of equipment installed by the previous owner?

Cheers

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

bobalfa

Hi Victor and all others who kindly took up the challenge.

Many thanks to you all and I feel chuffed as a) I actually managed to produce a picture and b) it proved the great value of the forum.  As I mentioned in my forum joining Introduction post, the 03 156 is a new toy after I sadly sold the GTV6. so I will have to thank the previous (first) owner.

Now all I have to do is check with the grand kids as to which blue tooth device I need to get.

Thanks again

Bob McCulloch ;)

PS Victor you will have to introduce Dorothy and Jeremy to the forum!!!!

dehne

anything with that has bluetooth will work
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past