A couple of 105 Mods

Started by Tim Jobson, September 13, 2009, 09:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Jobson

After a few interuptions such as a wedding and a hockey semi to attend i managed to get a couple of jobs finished on my GTV2000.

The first was installing a couple of relays for the headlight circuits which was very simple to install, finding a suitable spot to mount the relays and getting the wires to run neatly was probably the hardest bit.

The other mod I did was to make up a bracket that enabled my aftermarket windscreen washer pump to be mounted on the steering wheel support column.    By using the main steering column bolt to hold the bracket it will be easy to remove at any later stage.   In this postion I was able to refit the origional washer hoses that were origionally connected to the foot operated pump.   I then ran a live feed wire from the vacant no4 fuse holder to the origional foot pump switch and an earth from the other terminal on the foot pump switch.
I will hopefully conduct a successful test of these two systems next week!!

Wish me luck!

Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport

Jack

Hey Tim
Neat job on the washer pump.
There is however an an easy fix for the claped out foot pump.
I went through two trying to find one that would pump.
But then someone suggested a one way walve on one of the waterlines.
Worked a treat and cost 60 cents!
1975 Veloce

Tim Jobson

Jack, I created the bracket so that it will be easy to remove and fit any other aftermarket pump to it and thereby not have to worry about the old foot pump again.    I still have the foot pump but it is only used as a switch which keeps it alittle bit origional still!

Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport

Silver Bodgie

Hi Jack
Where did you purchase the one way valve from?
Regards
Peter
Now
Giulietta QV 1750 Alfa Red
Past
2008 159
1750 GT Veloce 1970