Need help to get a Alfa 90 started asap please help $$$ paid.

Started by JOHN G, September 03, 2009, 08:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOHN G

Hi guys need a Alfisti or Alfa Mechanic to go to the Patrick Autocare Depot in NSW at 43-49 Stennett Rd Ingleburn NSW to get a Alfa 90 started that I have just purchased as I am in Perth.

Here is the ad "My Dad has an Alfa Romeo 90 For Sale 1985 . Had it from new, he loves the car, my dad is getting old and needs to sell. The car is in showroom condition and has only 89015km. If you like more info on the car, let me Know. The car is in Sydney."

Some more info the car drove fine on and off  the car carrier to sit idle in the Patrick depot.It maybe a simple as a battery ??? the seller Pino (Italian for Penis) sent me the following email

"John,

Car was picked up ok, but I just had a call from the transport company and the car won't start, It started great on pick up, but now it's not starting, Im to busy to go out and try and fix the problem.
Cheers
Pino"

Please contact me if you can help or have a contact will pay the going rate.
Thanks
John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

MD

John,
The only help I can offer is an opinion from where I am in Brisbane. There is a chance it is just low battery voltage. I know that Motec ECU's will not fire an engine below10.5volts. This ussually means that the engine can be cranked ok giving an impression that there is no problem but in fact there is. Suggest a jump start or fully charge the battery before doing anything.Naturally check fuel residual at the same time.

Perhaps if NRMA wont do the job,you could try contacting a battery vending firm like Marshall to go an fit a new battery for you and see if indeed it is just that. Be a cheap excercise to find out..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

JOHN G

Thanks for replies Mike. Choderboy

However.I need more help as I sent Marshall batteries to fit a new battery and still no joy.

I was told by the Marshall battery guy the 90 cranks but does not kick over....

Last time one of my Alfa's acted like this I changed the rotor button and all was good what do you guys think?
Thanks
John

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

MD

John,

Wish I knew somebody down there that could help. Only other possibility  I can think of is for you to do a search on the net for a local workshop that might be willing to go and have a look at the darn thing for you for a fee. I know it means dollars but...

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Quoteneed a Alfisti or Alfa Mechanic to go to the Patrick Autocare Depot in NSW at 43-49 Stennett Rd Ingleburn NSW to get a Alfa 90 started

Choderboy,

John is actually very conversant with Alfas and I am sure if he could personally go to the depot, he would sort it out himself.
What he is looking for is a local NSW Alfisti or a service agent who could get the car started as he is located in WA.

-least that is my understanding.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Jamie alfa

Not knowing the models you get to well, in the UK all models were fitted with a roll over fuel shut off on the drivers side inner wing it hasent tripped out in the tow has it?

Simon Aarons

1986 GTV6 3.0L

JOHN G

Hi Simon

No still looking .......

Help Please ...  :(

any ideas ?

John

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

dehne

hi john i might be heading to syd in the next couple of weeks if i do ill swing past and get it going for you ill almost assure you its the fuel relay or the pump ill bring a couple of spares with me its a 5 min fix
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

JOHN G

Thank You Dehne That's a kind offer.

However I am after a asap fix as Patrick are phoning me daily asking what's going on.

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

dehne

is it possible for the new owner to go to the car and call me when they are there and ill tell themhow tofix over phone
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

JOHN G

Not possible as I am the new unlucky owner and  I live in Perth  ;D
John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

dehne

now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

JOHN G

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Fettaguy

John,

I'll be in the area tomorrow if you'd like me to swing by. Can't promise that I'll be much help, but I could give you a call while I'm there if that would help.

Mark.